installing driver for Qx5 computer microscope

Hi

I have a Dell inspiron 13 laptop with Windows 7 (64bit). My laptop does not have a CD drive. We've recently been given a Digital Blue QX5 Computer Microscope (v1); however when we've come to install it the driver for the microscope with connects via  USB connector isn't found.

I believe I have the first version (v1) of the QX5 microscope and so I'm not sure, having been on the manufacturer's website, that there is a driver for this device. If I find the right driver how do I know my computer will pick it up if I downloaded it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Answer
Answer

When you download a driver, you usually have to install it.  So you need to pay attention to where it downloads.  With IE and Firefox you have the option to open the containing folder, so you can do that and SEE where it downloaded to.  Downloads usually go into your DOWNLOAD folder.  There's usually installation instructions at the place you download it from.  If it's in the form of xxxxx.EXE, you can just double-click it to install, but look for the manufacturer's instructions.

Good luck.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 4,557 Applies to: