redbird1
Had this question 12
Question
redbird1 asked on

hp scanjet g4000 software/driver for windows 7

I just upgraded to windows 7 and cannot use my HP flatbed scanner (Scanjet g4000) because the software does not work with the windows 7 system. I cannot find the driver/software for download if it is available. Is it available at this time? if not will it be available in the near future?
Win7supporter
Found this helpful 3
Answer
Win7supporter replied on
I just installed Win7 64bit pro.  I was able to get my G4050 installed by running the installer (setup_full_G4000) in Vista sp2 compatibality mode. 
Download and SAVE the file (setup_full_G4000) from the HP site under the VISTA downloads - DO NOT RUN the download
Open Windows Explorer
find the file--- setup _full_G4000  ---downloaded and saved from hp site 
Right click on the file----- setup_full_G4000 and click on properties
click on compatability tab
check mark on--- run this program in compatibility mode for:
select windows vista sp2
check mark on-- run as administrator
click apply
click ok
double click program to run and it should install normally

I hope this helps
DominicP
Found this helpful 1
DominicP replied on
There is no Scanjet G4000. There are G4010 and G4050 models, both of which have drivers included in Windows 7.

See http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01909569
willysp
Found this helpful 0
willysp replied on

There is no Scanjet G4000. There are G4010 and G4050 models, both of which have drivers included in Windows 7.

See http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01909569

You need to read that page more closely.

"The following list of scanners already have, or will soon have, full software support for Microsoft Windows 7."  [Emphasis added by me]

The G4000 series does not yet have Win 7 drivers, but apparently will someday.
willysp
Found this helpful 0
willysp replied on

To the OP:

I'm having the same problem.  (Off for the next 2 weeks and doing several clean W7 Ult 64 installs).  There are several links that appear to be worth watching:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1338276

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/Windows-7-RC-and-ScanJet-G4050-Scanner/td-p/134701

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/printer-support/us/en/scanjet.html

I always do trial installs a couple of times before a final install - I'll try the Windows update drivers and see what happens.  Will also try the apps in compatibility mode.

In Vista, I tended to use VueScan mostly anyway (though it's not free):

http://www.hamrick.com/

***  Did you try Windows Update for the drivers??

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
Found this helpful 1
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP replied on
"redbird1" wrote in message news:a67c0ef6-7f90-42bb-8831-76cd55066e12...

> I just upgraded to windows 7 and cannot use my HP flatbed scanner (Scanjet
> g4000) because the software does not work with the windows 7 system. I
> cannot find the driver/software for download if it is available. Is it
> available at this time?

I don't know. Ask HP; they, not Microsoft, are the company who creates
drivers for their hardware.

> if not will it be available in the near future?

I don't know. Ask HP; they, not Microsoft, are the company who creates
drivers for their hardware.

And be aware that it may never be available. Many companies often don't
produce drivers for using their older hardware (which they are no longer
selling) under new operating systems, because they don't find doing so a
good use of their resources.

--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Ken Blake
willysp
Found this helpful 1
willysp replied on

What an unhelpful answer and attitude from an MVP.

1.  Isn't part of a forum's purpose to allow users to help each other?  i.e.  peer support

2.  Didn't you see that I already posted HP's statement that drivers are coming?

redbird1
Found this helpful 0
redbird1 replied on

Thanks, everyone, for your help! Greatly appreciated.

Redbird1
Dimsdale
Found this helpful 1
Dimsdale replied on

I agree: this answer was particularly unhelpful, especially considering that the HP G4050 is a new and current scanner for HP.  Yes, it is HP's responsibility to develop the drivers, and they have seriously dropped the ball on this, considering that their competitors (all the ones I considered prior to buying the HP) didn't seem to have a problem developing drivers for both 32- and 64 bit Windows 7.

To be sure, I will remember this on my next hardware purchase, be it computer, scanner, or printer.  Are you listening, HP?
Win7supporter
Found this helpful 3
Answer
Win7supporter replied on
I just installed Win7 64bit pro.  I was able to get my G4050 installed by running the installer (setup_full_G4000) in Vista sp2 compatibality mode. 
Download and SAVE the file (setup_full_G4000) from the HP site under the VISTA downloads - DO NOT RUN the download
Open Windows Explorer
find the file--- setup _full_G4000  ---downloaded and saved from hp site 
Right click on the file----- setup_full_G4000 and click on properties
click on compatability tab
check mark on--- run this program in compatibility mode for:
select windows vista sp2
check mark on-- run as administrator
click apply
click ok
double click program to run and it should install normally

I hope this helps
darspi
Found this helpful 0
darspi replied on

I just did what Win7supporter suggested only my machine is Win7 Ultimate 32-bit and so far so good.  I just scanned my first document to PDF and it all worked, even without Adobe reader on my machine.  The PDF conversion must be done before it hits the reader software.  It's a cumbersome solution but it works.
bilco82
Found this helpful 0
bilco82 replied on

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and I have tried loading the drivers and software from HP website, and from Windows update (with a fresh reformat and reinstall of Win 7) and I am continually being told from HP diagnostic tool, and Windows troubleshooting that I have a currupt driver. Any suggestions??
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next