HP Multi-function printers may not work as expected after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

Hello,

I just upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista and my HP multi-function printer doesn’t work. I can still print if I print from an application but when I try to use the buttons on the printer nothing happens. I also can’t check things like ink levels and I can’t scan. Is this a known issue? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Christi

Answer
Answer

Hello Christi,

This is a known issue with the HP Solution Center and upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Basically the HP Solution Center doesn’t upgrade properly to Windows 7 because of some required libraries don’t get migrated during the upgrade. To resolve the issue, click Start, All Programs and click Windows Update, and then check for and install the update for KB 975891.

For more information on the issue, click the link below to view the KB article.

KB975891 HP Multifunction Printers and HP Full Feature Software or HP Basic Driver solutions do not work as expected after a computer upgrades from Windows Vista to Windows 7

Note: You can also download and install the appropriate HP device software for Windows 7 from http://www.HP.com

Thanks

Bobby

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2023 Views 49,112 Applies to: