How to fix error code 31 for Nvidia Geforce GT 330M?

This problem only started recently (I don't remember exactly). Something is wrong with the Nvidia card. I can't open the Nvidia control panel and the card doesn't show in device manager and now I am stuck with my crappy Intel graphics card.

I tried going to Device Manager, uninstalling the driver, restarting computer and attempting to install latest drivers for the Nvidia card (can't install because it says there isn't an Nvidia card in the computer).

My laptop is the TravelMate 8572G-6647.

Update: I cannot find the graphics card in the device manager anymore.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

\You may get error code 31: because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device or there can be possibilty that current graphics card is either not properly installed or is not able to find the latest drivers.

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it helps to detect the driver for the graphics card on the computer, also install latest drivers in administator mode.
Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Go to the computer manufacturer website and install the VGA driver for Nvidia from this link: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If this doesn't help, you may go to Nvidia website and try to download the drivers for Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

Note: Can also run Auto-Detect Your GPU.

Additional reference:

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us

Hope this information helps. Please reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Regards,

Jayant Narang

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

\You may get error code 31: because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device or there can be possibilty that current graphics card is either not properly installed or is not able to find the latest drivers.

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it helps to detect the driver for the graphics card on the computer, also install latest drivers in administator mode.
Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Go to the computer manufacturer website and install the VGA driver for Nvidia from this link: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If this doesn't help, you may go to Nvidia website and try to download the drivers for Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

Note: Can also run Auto-Detect Your GPU.

Additional reference:

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us

Hope this information helps. Please reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. However i would request you to update if methods provided were helpful and if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Regards,

Jayant Narang

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried all you said. but the same problem I have. However, it did not work for me. Troubleshooter failed to fix my driver

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2022 Views 6,540 Applies to: