Get error: "No physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot manager. The system cannot continue"

I have a stable working system with an E6300 processor, evga 680i motherboard, 8800gts video card, and 8gbs of RAM running on windows ulitmate 7 (32bit-I'm planning on re-installing with 64 bit to utilize the extra 4GB of RAM after I deal with the issue below).

I recented tried to add an Intel RS2WC080 SAS/SATA controller adapter into one of the PCI express slots on the 680i motherboard. I know the card works (as it operates fine in another motherboard) but for some reason when I put it in the 680i mobo I get the following message when I try to boot windows. (i.e. the raid controller does not have windows on the drives. I'm still using the original hdd drive still plugged into the same Sata port on the mobo)

"No physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot manager. The system cannot continue"

I tried disabling virtually everything I could in the mobo bios as an experiment (including things I needed) . I also disabled the bios in the Intel RS2WC080  card.

I'm stumped. So what I'd like to know is this simply a hardware incompatibility issue or is there some sort of workaround I can perform in windows 7. For instance, is there perhaps some sort of way for it to boot using a different memory location than its currently using? (Or is this error message something related to bios memory that can't be overcome with software?)

Thanks for any help.

Answer
Answer

I tried to disabling everything in the bios.... including things I needed. No luck

Thanks so much for answering Chris but I've bascially given up. At this juncture I'm assuming the card and the 680i have some sort of incompatability and am just going to get a different mobo.

54 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2024 Views 19,306 Applies to: