File system error 'CFRMD' \Device\Harddisk0\DR0

Hello:

Yesterday mi PC restarted; Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits.

Checked the event viewer, and found that every minute since 3 months ago it is reporting an ALERT condition; XML file here:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager" Guid="{F3C5E28E-63F6-49C7-A204-E48A1BC4B09D}" />

<EventID>4</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-24T05:29:49.963467100Z" />

<EventRecordID>341056</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="2128" ThreadID="2176" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>master</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="FinalStatus">0xc01c0016</Data>

<Data Name="DeviceVersionMajor">6</Data>

<Data Name="DeviceVersionMinor">1</Data>

<Data Name="DeviceNameLength">5</Data>

<Data Name="DeviceName">CFRMD</Data>

<Data Name="DeviceTime">2012-07-17T00:05:30.000000000Z</Data>

<Data Name="ExtraStringLength">21</Data>

<Data Name="ExtraString">\Device\Harddisk0\DR0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Already followed the recommendations in this forum related to the error:

1. CHKDSK

2. sfc /scannow

Not any errors reported.

It is not the first time the system restarts since the error appeared in the log, so there might be a relationship.

Please advise.

Thanks.

hi

The file systems in Windows are implemented as file system drivers working above the storage system. Each of the file systems in Windows are designed to provide reliable data storage with varying features to meet the user’s requirements. A comparison of features for each of the standard file systems in Windows is found here. New in Windows 8 is ReFS. ReFS is a file system with scalable large volume support and the ability detect and correct data corruption on disk.

Creating a new file system driver in addition to those supplied in Windows is likely unnecessary. File Systems and File System Filter Drivers can provide any customized behavior required to modify the operation of existing file systems.

File System Filter Driver Development

A file system filter driver intercepts requests targeted at a file system or another file system filter driver. By intercepting the request before it reaches its intended target, the filter driver can extend or replace functionality provided by the original target of the request. Examples of File Systems and File System Filter Drivers include anti-virus filters, backup agents, and encryption products.

File system filtering services are available through the Filter Manager in Windows. The Filter Manager provides a framework for developing File Systems and File System Filter Drivers without having to manage all the complexities of file I/O. The Filter Manager simplifies the development of third-party filter drivers and solves many of the problems with the existing legacy filter driver model, such as the ability to control load order through an assigned altitude. A filter driver developed to the Filter Manager model is called a minifilter. Every minifilter driver has an assigned altitude, which is a unique identifier that determines where the minifilter is loaded relative to other minifilters in the I/O stack. Altitudes are allocated and managed by Microsoft.

Filter Plugfest

The Filter Plugfest is an event for file system filter driver ISVs organized by the Microsoft File System Filters team. At this event, developers work with the ISVs to solve interoperability issues among various vendor solutions and the Filter Manager. There are also informative sessions on filter driver related issues, including the roadmap. Please check Filter Plugfest for upcoming Plugfests.

File System Filter Driver WDK Resources

Getting started information, design guides, and reference topics are found in the Installable File Systems section in the Window Driver Kit (WDK) documentation. Design information for filter drivers is found in the File System Minifilter Drivers section.

Studying samples is a practical way to see how File Systems and File System Filter Drivers are developed. Sample minifilter drivers are available in the MSDN Code Gallery.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.0.1400
www.malwarebytes.org

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your quick reply, Yulicleyurew.

My concern is over reliability here.

Truth is the message is only a warning, not an error:

File System Filter  ''CFRMD'' (Versión 6.1, ‎2012‎-‎07‎-‎17T00:05:30.000000000Z) failed  to attach to volume '\Device\Harddisk2\DR2'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xc01c0016. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

But, I prefer to prevent.

Any way to handle this alert?

Thanks again.

Dinamicore

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure that the hardware device is compatible with your computer and with your version of Windows. If the device isn't compatible, you will need to find the correct driver. Check the information that came with your device. You can also search for the device on the Windows 7 Compatibility Center website. This website contains a comprehensive list of computers and devices that have been tested to work with Windows 7. Many devices require special drivers to work properly. Be sure that you have installed any software discs that came with the device. Restart the computer. Restarting might be necessary if the driver requires it, or if the driver didn't install correctly. If the device is a universal serial bus (USB) device, disconnect it and then plug it in to a different USB port. Windows should detect the device and install the drivers, and notify you if the device drivers didn't install properly. Updated drivers might be available through Windows Update. When you check Windows Update, click View available updates to determine if an updated driver is available for your device. For more information, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly. I just installed new drivers for my hardware from Windows Update, and want to make sure I get future updates. It's important to set Windows to download and install updates automatically. But even if you have Windows Update set to automatically install important updates for your computer, it still might not be set to install all the updated drivers it finds for your hardware. To automatically get available driver updates for your hardware, set Windows to install recommended updates.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Bulpdoch!5809 for your reply.  I am sure it is not related to a driver update, as when installed Windows 7 not any error were reported; this issue developed around 9 months after the installation.
Dinamicore

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=218796

Would appreciate some help...

On the following TDSSKiller results:

Detected object count: 2
Actual detected object count: 2
\Device\Harddisk0\DR0 ( TDSS File System ) - skipped by user
\Device\Harddisk0\DR0 ( TDSS File System ) - User select action: Skip
\Device\Harddisk2\DR2 ( TDSS File System ) - skipped by user
\Device\Harddisk2\DR2 ( TDSS File System ) - User select action: Skip

Selecting TDLFS when TDSSKiller is going to run detects the presence of the TDLFS file system which the TDL 3/4 rootkits create in the last sectors of hard disk drives for storing its TDL files.

If the User selected 'Skip', are these files quarantined by TDSSKiller, or just left alone?

If copied to quarantine, how does one permanently remove these files from there?

How would one go about removing files such as the following from the last sectors of the hard disk?
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\cfg.ini
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\mbr
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\bckfg.tmp
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\cmd.dll
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\drv64
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\cmd64.dll
\HardDisk0\TDLFS\drv32

Filter the events in your event viewer so that you only see
error messages. Is this message an isolated event? If yes,
keep an eye on it. If no - replace your hard disk.

Rather than panicing you might see this as an opportunity
to review your backup strategy. A hard disk failure should
never be a catastrophy, only a nuisance. And remember:
Many hard disks fail without any warning whatsoever.

"Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Today I checked the event log and found the following error:
> An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging
> operation
>
> I'm afraid whether this could be my scsi hard disk failure, I'm panic...

can
> anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Freddy
>
>
>

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/error-detected-device-device-harddisk0-dr0-during-paging-operation-t1485799.html

Bronze Member

Bronze
Message Count:
My System

For the last few weeks, my computer has been running very slow, and has occasionally crashed. More recently, whenever I click on a link provided by a search engine, I am redirected to a random site at least three times before I reach my intended destination. I performed a system scan with AVG free, and it detected a problem, but could not remove it. I then tried running AVG again in safe mode, but it could still not remove the threat. I then tried using Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes anti-malware, and then lastly a free McAfee trial to try and remove the threat, but with no success. AVG is detecting the following :"C:\Windows\explorer.exe (2644):\memory_02f50000";"Trojan horse Generic27.BTAL". I am not very computer savvy, so I decided I would turn here for some advice. I am attaching the prework (which I am hoping that I did correctly). I will also attach the AVG report, just in case it will help in any way. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes.org
Alternate link: Download Mirror

(Note: if you already have the program installed, just follow the directions. No need to re-download or re-install!)

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

(Note: if you already have the program installed, open Malwarebytes from the Start Menu or Desktop shortcut, click the Update tab, and click Check for Updates, before doing the scan as instructed below!)
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If you are prompted to restart, please allow it to restart your computer. Failure to do this, will cause the infection to still be active on the computer.
Please save the log to a location you will remember.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
The log can also be found at C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.
If Malwarebytes fails to download please use the following link:

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download-exe-random.php

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/unable-to-remove-virus.132844/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 17,257 Applies to: