error MOM.exe - No Disk There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1 after inserting the usb device

*-Original Title - How to remove this kind of error message?

After I inserted my usb, this error message keep showing up:

MOM.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

I clicked cancel many times, but this error message keep shows up..
 And when i eject my usb, this message still shows up until i need to shutdown my computer...

Please help me, it really bothering me

My Laptop: HP G42-360TX
My OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

2.Which security software is installed on the computer?

3.Is the issue confined to any particular USB device?

Method 1.

Plug in the USB device to another computer and check if it works.

Plug in another USB device on this computer and check if that device works.

Try to connect the USB device to another port and check.

To open the hardware troubleshooter follow the link given: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 2.

You can run the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is free from viruses.

Microsoft Safety Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate viruses if any.

Method 3.

Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you start the computer.

Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive to a letter other than C.

Change, add, or remove a drive letter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-add-or-remove-a-drive-letter

Method 4.

MOM.exe is normally a part of a program called the ATI Catalyst Control Center. This program comes as part of the video card driver package you get with ATI Radeon video cards or in updates. MOM.exe takes the place of CLI.exe processes in older versions of the ATI drivers, so the program might appear after an update of your ATI drivers or the installation of a new video card and drivers. The program is generally harmless.

Should I Get Rid of It?: MOM.exe is an essential element of the ATI Catalyst Control Center’s monitoring software. It should not be deleted. It comes with Catalyst Control Center Installation 7.2 and is an essential process; controlling the ATI video card’s graphics functions. Removing it will interfere with the proper functioning of your video drivers.

Troubleshooting: If you are getting MOM.exe error messages, try uninstalling ATI Catalyst Control Center and then reinstalling the software to see if the problem is corrected. Go to the manufacturer’s website and upload the latest version of the driver and Control Center software for your ATI Radeon video card before reinstalling. This should solve your problem. If it does not, contact the manufacturer for help.

Do I Have to Run MOM.exe?: You don’t have to run Catalyst Control Center (with MOM.exe) at startup. If you select ATI CCC to be run at startup, a clickable ATI icon will appear at the bottom right of your Windows screen in the system tray. This allows you to quickly change your video card settings, clone a monitor or otherwise adjust how your video card processes signals from your computer. This can be useful if you frequently stream videos to your television set. ATI CCC can be run manually but will take longer to start up.

Viruses and Malicious Software: Viruses and other malicious programs can mimic legitimate programs like MOM.exe, and such phony programs can cause real problems for your computer. Often removing malicious software can be tricky and, if done improperly, can cause you even more troubles. If reinstalling the ATI CCC software driver package doesn't fix your problem, get a good anti-virus/anti-malware software package. Using good protection software not only helps you fix problems you may be having with malicious software, but it can prevent such problems from ever occurring in the first place.

Refer.

Install a USB device: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-USB-device

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2018 Views 1,253 Applies to: