Wackysoft
Had this question 11
Question
Wackysoft asked on

Dynex DX-BUSB Wireless Adapter not being recognized

I am unable to get my Dynex DX-BUSB Wireless Network adapter to be recognized by Windows 7.  Windows recognizes it as a 802.11B/g LP/SC USBeless Adapter, but is unable to install drivers.  I have tried installing the original Dynex drivers but with no luck having it recognized.  I assume its because the drivers are old and currently unsupported it looks like.  Since the wireless adapter is this computer's only means to get on the Internet, I am unable to search online for drivers on it via Windows Update.  What do I need to do to get this adapter working.  FYI, I am using Windows 7 64 bit on a Pentium D 2.8 Ghz.
popesud
Found this helpful 0
Answer
popesud replied on
Hey Wackysoft,

I had the same problem this week and spent some time on the phone with Dynex.  They openly admitted that the DX-BUSB (along with most of their other products) are currently experiencing incompatibility issues with Windows 7.  They said they hope to have drivers available within the next couple of weeks.  Pretty crummy for those of us who do everything nowadays on the internet. 

Best of luck.
Syed N
Found this helpful 0
Syed N replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hi Wackysoft,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Forums.

You may try installing the drivers in Compatibility Mode and verify if it works.

COMPATIBILITY MODE SOFTWARE:

1. First, create a new folder on the desktop.

2. Copy all the driver files to the newly created folder on the desktop.

3. open the new folder. 

5. Right Click the application installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the Windows

Vista in the run compaibality mode

6. Click Apply/OK.

7. Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

Also, you may try to contact Dynex and check with the manufacturer if they have any driver available

for Windows 7

Access the link below to contact Dynex and verify:

http://www.dynexproducts.com/t-drivers.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. 

Suresh G
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
popesud
Found this helpful 0
Answer
popesud replied on
Hey Wackysoft,

I had the same problem this week and spent some time on the phone with Dynex.  They openly admitted that the DX-BUSB (along with most of their other products) are currently experiencing incompatibility issues with Windows 7.  They said they hope to have drivers available within the next couple of weeks.  Pretty crummy for those of us who do everything nowadays on the internet. 

Best of luck.
kfreeman86
Found this helpful 0
kfreeman86 replied on

Hi Wackysoft ,

You may try installing the drivers in Compatibility Mode and verify if it works.

3. open the new folder.  

5. Right Click the application installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab . Select the Windows

6. Click Apply/OK .

Also, you may try to contact Dynex and check with the manufacturer if they have any driver available

for Windows 7

Suresh G

I didnt follow these instructions exactly, but it did help me out. First.. I sourced the driver from here: http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=409270071872a6b411189afc041

Saved it to the computer.
Now locate the file.. and right click it
Run as administrator

Worked like a charm even before restarting. Hope this helps. Had my USB wireless adapter plugged in teh entire time

bsidorak
Found this helpful 0
bsidorak replied on

Hi Wackysoft ,

3. open the new folder.  

5. Right Click the application installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab . Select the Windows

6. Click Apply/OK .

for Windows 7

Suresh G

I didnt follow these instructions exactly, but it did help me out. First.. I sourced the driver from here: http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=409270071872a6b411189afc041

Saved it to the computer.
Now locate the file.. and right click it
Run as administrator

Worked like a charm even before restarting. Hope this helps. Had my USB wireless adapter plugged in teh entire time

This also worked for me! Very happy. THANK YOU!
poppajonzz
Found this helpful 0
poppajonzz replied on

This did not work for me.(Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit). Called Dynex, the person at customer support said to expect a driver for windows 7 32 and 64 bit in about a week or two.
kkyleh
Found this helpful 0
kkyleh replied on

This worked for me as well. I've been struggling to get this wifi adapter to work on windows 7 since the beta. I think the issue is with the driver itself. The driver I got from Dynex's website was DX-BUSB_2.03.05_Setup where as the driver that I downloaded from the link provided by kfreeman86 was DX-BUSBv1_US_2.03.09_W6, this makes me think that Dynex doesn't have the most up to date driver on their webpage and as far as the 1-2 weeks for drivers thing, I didn't see any windows 7 drivers on their page and it is now almost a month after when the drivers were supposed to be up. Moral of the story, Dynex is terrible.
zaper
Found this helpful 0
zaper replied on

you could try installing it manually here's the driver files extracted from DX-BUSBv1_US_2.03.09_W6 installer  both the 64 and 32 bit vista drivers

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKOL1UEO

Download the file then unrar the driver to your desktop

click start right click computer then click properties then click device manager fined the 802.11B/g LP/SC USBeless Adapter double click it

click on the driver tab then click update driver click "browse my computer for driver software" click browse locate the driver on your desktop then click next and hopefully it works as maybe it is the installer not installing the driver right and the driver may work just fine manually installed I have this driver installed on my 32bit windows 7 and it works fine

I don't have windows 7 64bit so I can't try it out sorry

good luck
LincolnV
Found this helpful 0
LincolnV replied on

the .exe from driverscollection.com works for me. Thanks.