Gautam Shah ROCKS
Had this question 30
Question
Gautam Shah ROCKS asked on

Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Hello friend's
i use window 7 ultimate on two diffent motherboard, 1)intel D946Gzis
2)Asus P5KPL-AM/PM, on both i have same problem.
at random amount of time my system hang for some second's and display become black, after that a massage come  Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.  I also insatall latest driver for graphics but nothing work for me, so please if some one have solution of this, please replay me
at my email id: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Samhrutha G
Found this helpful 3
Samhrutha G replied on
Microsoft

Hi Gautam Shah ROCKS

1.         Try booting the computer in clean boot and check if you receive this error message. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Steps to perform clean boot and check if you have the issue.

i.                    Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

ii.                  If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

iii.                 On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

iv.                 Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

v.                   Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

vi.                 Click OK.

vii.               When you are prompted, click Restart.

viii.             After the computer starts, and try installing the driver.

If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135  

Reset the computer to start as usual

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

i.                    Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

ii.                  If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

iii.                On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

iv.                 When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

2.      You may even check for Intel Graphics Accelerator if it is listed in program and feature. If it is listed you may uninstall it from there and reinstall it back.  Make sure you install the latest version of driver which is compatible with Windows 7

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Uninstall-or-change-a-program

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Gautam Shah ROCKS
Found this helpful 1
Gautam Shah ROCKS replied on

First of all
thank you for your reply.
But these things I did, I also install a clean copy of window 7, on my system and I use latest version of graphics
driver for my system, but this problem not resolved.
As a fresh copy of window I use so, in services tab only windows program are running, so there are no conflict by
third party program.
I also read on net, some people have same type of problem.
So I think that there may be compatibility problem between my system and latest driver, so I really thankful to you if you can provide a link for previous version of graphics driver or may provide some other solution for this.

Motherboard no as: Asus P5KPL-AM/PM (Intel G31 chip)
processor: Intel dual core 2.80 GHZ

Thanks

Gautam Shah

Corn Husker
Found this helpful 1
Corn Husker replied on

Additional information.  I installed Windows 7 in March.  Did not have any display problems until Labor Day weekend.  A week later it worked fine, no problems until today.  It doesn't just hang and display become black, after the message:Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.It also changes focus from whatever I'm doing to other apps.  For example, when I'm in a web browser, it will change to an Excel spreadsheet or Word document that is open in the background.  It has even tried to open an app that isn't open.  Mouse and keyboard activity seem to trigger it, but I'm not certain that's the only trigger.

I verified I have the latest Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver.  BTW, rebooting doesn't always fix it.  I was curious if Windows installed a fix over the first weekend in September that is causing this, but apparently this has been going on for a while based on Gautam's posting.

Corn Husker
Found this helpful 0
Corn Husker replied on

I just went through my Windows Update log.  Turns out Windows Update installed a new version on 8/14/10 

Version 8.15.10.1930

Intel Corporation - Display - Intel(R)  946GZ Express Chipset Family

Installation date: ‎8/‎14/‎2010 3:52 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Intel Corporation Display software update released in September, 2009

More information:

http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20301109

Help and Support:

http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

So, how do I revert to the previous version? Because the freezes, window focus changes etc. are beyond tolerance.

Chris - Support Engineer
Found this helpful 0
Chris - Support Engineer replied on
Microsoft

Hi Corn,

I suggest you visit the website of your computer manufacturer and download the latest driver from there to install.

Chris
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Redman2112
Found this helpful 0
Redman2112 replied on

I am having a very similar problem as well: i have a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6267 laptop.  I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, and i have the Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family and i have tried everything above but my problem is still persisting.  Whenever i open a certain video game on my computer and it loads up and i select a character right before i am in the game playing the display hangs then comes back up and has the error message: Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.  Except unless i can close the game immediately the screen either freezes or goes to black.  I have updated every driver on my laptop.  I have un-installed and re-installed the accelerator driver and display driver atleats 10 times and it still doesnt work.  Ive gone to both Toshiba and Intel and searched through all their drivers and nothing has worked.  I find it weird that i have Windows 7 but its saying my driver is for windows vista   
Chris - Support Engineer
Found this helpful 0
Chris - Support Engineer replied on
Microsoft

Redman,

It looks like your problem is similar, but differs from the original question. Please start your own question and provide the details of your problem so that we can help you further.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

Thank you.

Chris
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Dayjman
Found this helpful 0
Dayjman replied on

I'm having the exact same problem Redman. In addition to getting that particular error message my screen is dimmed and looks like there are dead pixels everywhere, but as soon as I uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver everything is fixed so it clearly is an error with the display driver.  I have the newest version of this driver, but I experienced the same problem with the previous version so as Gautam mentioned it might just be a compatibility issue between the newest Intel display drivers in general and my system.  I'd recommend searching online for other compatible display drivers for your system, but I've yet to find one for my Toshiba Portege M700 laptop.
Jacob Masse
Found this helpful 0
Jacob Masse replied on

I know this is an old feed, but i am having quite literally the same exact problem, word for word, just on my Hp Desktop, the game is WoW and i have been having this problem since around the same time, it is just sickening at this point and i just need to know if a definitive solution has come up at all, any response would be greatly appreciated.
BobO'Sillivan
Found this helpful 0
BobO'Sillivan replied on

Are you using on board graphics?? I was and I updated my bios which fixed the problem for me. go to your motherboards manufacturer web site and look in support for downloads and compare your bios version to thier latest one and update if need be?? I also heard of lowering the graphics voltage by one notch (I think it goes in .02 Volt clicks) but thats all. But try updating bios first it is pretty easy they should have instructions on thier site.

Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next