Connecting Xbox 360 Controller to PC

I know you can connect a Controller through a Gaming Receiver but there about £40. I Just can't afford that for one game. So i was asking around and i heard you can connect a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller through your Keyboards Receiver.

I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Receiver 3.0A and a ordinary Wireless Xbox 360 Conroller.

Is There a way of connecting it so i can play my Game. 

Hi LexBeesley,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

• What is the Operating system installed on the computer?

To connect the controller to a computer that is running Windows XP SP2 or a later version of Windows, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox Guide button until the controller turns on. The Xbox Guide button is the round button with the green "X" near the center of the controller.
2. Make sure that the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows is plugged in to your computer.
3. On the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, press and release the small round Connect button.
4. On the controller, press and release the Connect button. The Connect button is the small button on the front edge of the controller, between the left bumper button and the charging port.
5. The Ring of Light on the controller spins and flashes one time, and the light on the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows flashes. When the controller is connected, the Ring of Light on the controller remains lit and indicates the position in which the controller is connected.

Refer the link for more information: How to connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to your Xbox 360 console or Windows PC: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906947

I would recommend that you visit Xbox forums for any further assistance from the link below:
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx?ck=1

Swathi B  - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

But is it possible to connect a XBox 360 wireless controller through a Microsoft desktop receiver like 3.1? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any luck on this?
Ray R. sys admin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Before typing a long reply, read the question asked. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 6, 2024 Views 6,804 Applies to: