Canon MP560 error: Printer not responding

I cannot print from Canon MP560 on network - wireless setting. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on a Dell Studio Quad 8200 with 8GB memory. I can scan but the error comes up when I print: Printer not responding. Can you help me? It shows up in the network and says the connection is good, but I cannot print even a test page.
Answer
Answer

Hi Franklajaz,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Answers.

·         Is your computer connected to domain or server?

·         Have you made any changes on your computer before this issue occurred?

I have few steps which might help you.

Method 1

Run the printer troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

1.Open the Printer troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel.

2.In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.

3.Under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

Method 2

Try to download and install the latest drivers for printer from the manufacturer’s website.

http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDDownloadDropDownAct

Method 3

Check if the status of print spooler service is started. To do this, follow these steps:

1.       Double-click Services.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.       Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.

3.       On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.

4.       If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 4

Turn on the network discovery and then try to print. To do this, follow these steps:

1.       Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

2.       If network discovery is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on network discovery, and then click Apply.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To share files: Click the arrow button to expand the File sharing section, click Turn on file sharing, and then click Apply.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To share files using the Public folder: Click the arrow button to expand the Public folder sharing section, click either Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files or Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files, and then click Apply.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To share a printer: Click the arrow button to expand the Printer sharing section, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Links to refer:

Install a printer on a home network

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Install-a-printer-on-a-home-network

Why can’t I print to a printer in my home group?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-cant-I-print-to-a-printer-in-my-homegroup

Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.

Regards,
Debleena S

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2022 Views 114,633 Applies to: