How to Add a USB Joystick to Windows 7 XP Mode???

I am trying to add a Logitech Force 3D Pro to the XP Mode of Windows 7, but no joystick appears in the "Game Controllers" section of the Control Panel.  It appears just fine in the normal Windows 7 machine, but does not appear in the XP virtual machine.  How do I enable support for this USB Joystick.  I am trying to play old school flight games like X-Wing Alliance and I can't understand why joystick support isn't automatically included in the Windows XP Virtual machine.  Thanks in advance!

Answer
Answer
Hello JimHill22,

Thank you for posting.  I my research on your issue I realized that I had a similar problem but with another device (wireless card with no 64 bit drivers).  To answer your question, it is possible to use your controller.  You will need to have the drivers installed on Windows 7 and then the device will carry over to your VirtualXP.  So if your device doesn't have Vista or Windows 7 drivers, then you will not be able to use the device/controlloer in VirtualXP. 

Please let me know if this was helpful. 

I will fully test this on my personal PC with my 360 controller when I get home, and will post my results later.
Zack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 48,309 Applies to: