Windows 7 suddenly won't let me make a new folder/sub folder

I've been able to create folders and sub folders in my Library. Now I can't create a new folder.
Answer
Answer

Hello,

You've discovered a long-standing problem with Windows 7. To fix this, I recommend a program called FileMenu Tools. You can download the freeware portable version from here:     http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/FileMenu-Tools-Portable.shtml .

After downloading and installing the program you'll notice that by default every option is checked. I'd be a lot more selective about it, otherwise your right-click menu will be a full page long! When the main window opens you'll see a list on the right-hand side of all the items that can be added to the right-click menu. Start weeding through the list and take out all the one's you don't need by unchecking the box.

Once you're done making your choices (de-selections) make sure you click the green checkmark in the row of icons in the top left-hand window of the interface to "Apply" your choices. The program can do much more, but that answers your specific question. I'm told the program has a good help file, so try there if you're interested.

Let me know how you fare.

Regards,

BearPup

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2020 Views 8,705 Applies to: