Weird Windows 7 Ultimate problem with jpg files and thumbnails

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop and am having a strange issue with jpg files.  I have an archive of hundreds of jpg files, all in different directories.  When I view these directories in the Windows Explorer window, I can see the jpg files listed in the "view large icons" view but I do not see a thumbnail; just the Irfanview logo.  Doesn't matter whether I choose large, medium, or small, all I get is the Irfanview logo, no thumbnail.  But here's the  weird part; in some directories I *can* see the thumbnails, not just the Irfanview logo.  The directories all just have jpg files.  What could be causing this?  Thanks.
Answer
Answer
If I'm undersatnding your problem correctly you should go to  Control Panel and then open Folder Options. In there you should go to the View and under Files and Folders you'll see "Always show icons,never thumbnails" remove the check mark in that box and then click on Apply at the bottom right. You might also check to see that there is a check mark in the box next to "Display file icon on thumbnails" while you're there.

That should do what you're looking for. Now you'll have to pick an image file like a .jpg or .bmp, etc. to use for the guts of the folder. You can also change the icon that is used to show the folder when you right click on the properties and click on "Customize" tab.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2020 Views 17,626 Applies to: