PDF documents are INVISIBLE the the Windows 7 search engine

HELP!!!  When creating PDF documents in Window's 7, no problem creating, opening, moving, copying, etc.  HOWEVER, when I utilize the Windows 7 search feature (Start, enter name in 'search programs and files'), these PDF files are INVISIBLE to the search engine.  They are never found!  additionally, the icon the the thumbnail of the file that i created is the standard PDF icon BUT w/ a blue square in lower left corner w/ 2 'greater than' arrows (as opposed to a green box w/ a check mark).  PLEASE HELP as I use this search feature endlessly and create PDF documents regularly!  Thanks!
Answer
Answer

When I contacted Adobe tech support about this, I was told that the 64-bit filter had not been tested on Win7, so I switched to the foxit iFilter.  Even that didn't work for me.  Then I found out that it was my antivirus software program that was conflicting with Win7's ability to correctly generate an index.

I now have it working.  Read the solution here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/ef5fa7c3-bb64-4f3e-9607-3e01349dccca/#9851eea0-0573-4771-af6c-46d635ec8c69

Good luck!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 2, 2019 Views 25,955 Applies to: