getjs.js from tag.contextweb.com

I'm getting a software file.  the file is getjs.js and it is asking me to either open or save the file from tag.contextweb.com.  It is popping up on kate-upton.com website.

Hi,

This issue may occur if there is a virus infection on the computer.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to s
can the computer for virus using Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner will help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note:

1) The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

2) If you run the virus scan the program that is infected with virus will get deleted. So you have to reinstall the program. Also if the files and folders are affected with virus then they might even get deleted.

Method 2:
If you get unwanted pop-up while using Internet Explorer you may turn on Pop-up blocker and check if it helps.

a) Open Internet Explorer.
b) Click the Tools button on the left hand top corner, and then click on internet options.
c) Click the
Privacy tab.
d) Put check mark for the option "
turn on Pop-up Blocker".
e) Click Apply and then click OK.

Refer to the link for additional information:

Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker: frequently asked questions:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Internet-Explorer-Pop-up-Blocker-frequently-asked-questions

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the Microsoft Safety Scanner and no viruses were detected.  I also tried the pop-up blocker and the software dialog still shows up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

As the issue is only with the particular website, I would suggest you to contact the website support for further assistance on this issue.

Hope this information helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 291 Applies to: