Question
LeVerdier asked on

Windows Live Email Shortcut on Desktop

How do I create a shortcut on my desktop for windows live emails
LeVerdier
Found this helpful 0
Answer
LeVerdier replied on

Thankyou Grzegorz for your patience and advice, I now have a shortcut to my Windows Live Mail on my desktop.

The solution resolved itself when I attempted to uninstall Windows Live Essentials, but I thought I might try the `Repair` button first, so after a long repair and a restart I then found, to my delight, on the Start menu was `WINDOWS LIVE MAIL` which was easily dragged tomy desktop!

Also thank you all who have offered me advice to solve this anoying problem.

Regards............LeVerdier
Grzegorz Krzymiński
Found this helpful 3
Grzegorz Krzymiński replied on
Right click on the desktop > New > Shortcut > set the location to C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe , and press Next > name it Windows Live Mail > press Finish
LeVerdier
Found this helpful 0
LeVerdier replied on

Hi,

I carried out your instructions , entered C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe, but when I press NEXT Iget this message-:

THE FILE C:\ Program cannot be found

Any ideas?

Regards  LeVerdier
JoelbX
Found this helpful 0
JoelbX replied on

You put a space in between the \ and Program in your example. Take out the space. Alternatively you can find Windows Live Mail in the all programs in the start menu, and copy it to the desktop.   My"> favorite threads | Computer tips       Contact me | 'Gadget' programs              (Join my Folding@home team! )
LeVerdier
Found this helpful 0
LeVerdier replied on

Hi,

No space when entering location!

No Windows Live Mail in ` all programs ` the start menu.

Can only enter Windows Live Mail via the `Docking Bar ` on desktop

Grzegorz Krzymiński
Found this helpful 0
Grzegorz Krzymiński replied on

Another way to find it in Start Menu: press Start > type in Search box: Windows Live Mail > wait for the result > copy to your desktop.

About previously mentioned path... if this is Windows 7 64 bit version, you should check isn't it located at ...\Programs Files (x86)\...
JoelbX
Found this helpful 0
JoelbX replied on

You are using Windows Live Mail as your email client right? Or are you talking about something else?   My"> favorite threads | Computer tips       Contact me | 'Gadget' programs              (Join my Folding@home team! )
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene [MVP]
Found this helpful 0
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene [MVP] replied on
MVP Wiki Author Community Moderator MCC: Content Creator
Find the Windows Live Email link in your Start menu.  Right-click it, and then choose Send To:  Desktop (Create Shortcut)

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
Shawn Keene | Microsoft MVP & Community Moderator | cmdrkeene.com | http://cmdrkeene.com/r/WindowsH8
LeVerdier
Found this helpful 0
LeVerdier replied on

Hi,

Tried that but there is no Windows live mail in the list to copy to my desktop!

I am working on 32bit Windows7 system

Sorry to be a pain
LeVerdier
Found this helpful 0
LeVerdier replied on

Hi,

Yes I am using Windows Live Mail as my default email program.

Regards
LeVerdier
Found this helpful 0
LeVerdier replied on

Hi,

There is no Windows Live Email link in my Start menu, only on the ` Docking Bar `

Regards    
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next