Windows 7 won't sleep or hibernate.

I have an Asus K8NE-Deluxe motherboard and Windows 7 64-bit won't sleep or hibernate. 

It will go into the process of turning off the power, but once it shuts off it instantly starts the process of resuming
Windows without my touching the keyboard.

I never had this problem with Windows XP 64-bit.
Answer
Answer

Hi, this may be due to wakeon lan feature, Please turn it off and check

To turn power management features on or off
  1. Open Network and Sharing Center (click the Start button, type Network and Sharing in the Start Search box, and press Enter).

2. Click the Change adapter settings link in the upper left of the navigation pane.

3. Right click the network connection you want to enable/disable power management support on and click Properties.

4. Click Configure.

5. On the Power Management tab, check or clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

• When checked, power management is enabled on the network adapter.
    • When cleared, power management is disabled on the network adapter.
  6. You can enable Wake on LAN for all wake methods or just enable magic packet WoL:

• To enable Wake on LAN for all methods, check the Allow this device to wake the computer check box.
    • To enable Wake on LAN for magic packet only, check the Allow this device to wake the computer check box and then check Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer check box.
    Note
    For devices that do not support ARP and NS offloads, Windows will default to wake only on magic packet.

<!---->

7. Click OK.

Balaji

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2021 Views 79,499 Applies to: