Wilson_B
Had this question 8
Question
Wilson_B asked on

Screen Saver - Windows Live Photo Gallery - "An error is preventing this slide show from playing" error message

Good day, Thanks for your time.
On a new installation of Win7Pro, the screen saver photo gallery is not working as desired.
It is set up for the default of C:\USERS\*****\PICTURES.
This setting causes the error.
If I select a subdirectory of this, it works properly.
Any thoughts or resolutions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your support.

Bill Wilson
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Bill Wilson
Bill Wilson
Arya S Asok
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Arya S Asok replied on

Hi Wilson,

This issue can occur if you have any other type of file apart from picture files stored in the picture folder.

I would suggest you to verify all the files in the Picture folder are picture files. If you find any other types of files like movie file or a music file or any other type of files, I would suggest you to move the other files apart from the picture files to a separate folder or a different location and check if the screen saver in photo gallery works fine.

Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Laitentier
Found this helpful 2
Laitentier replied on

What nonsense! Before Windows 7 pictures and videos displayed just fine with all sorts of other files in the selected directories. Gradually Microsoft products are more and more failing to meet the qualities we users expect. Too rich + too sloppy.
BillSpalinger
Found this helpful 1
BillSpalinger replied on

I have the same error popping up on my system after my screensaver runs for a couple of minutes. I have a specific subfolder selected in My Pictures and there is nothing in this folder except photos.
BeanFairbanks
Found this helpful 3
BeanFairbanks replied on

I only have .jpg files in my folder /slideshow but the slideshow stopped working suddenly
DanWeaver
Found this helpful 0
DanWeaver replied on

I have the described problem as well, and only have JPG photo files in the designated folder. I'm running an up-to-date Windows 7 OS... ridiculous that this problem exists. It's actually quite disruptive, as I remote login to my work computer - but when this happens the computer sometimes freezes and I lose access. Argh.