1. Open the control panel and type "experience" into the search box. One of the options should be "Check the Windows Experience Index'. Click on that, and make sure your video score is higher than 3. If any are blank, you've never seen this screen before, or you've upgraded your video drivers since installing windows then click on Refresh Now and let it do its thing.
2. Now type "glass" into the search box at the top right corner of the control panel. Select "Change Windows Glass Colours" or "Enable or disable transparent glass on windows" - they both bring you to the same screen. Make sure that enable transparency is selected. This is also where you can pick eggplant or whatever.
3. Now right click on the task bar beside your icons, and pick properties. At the very bottom of the taskbar tab is a check box for aero peek. Turn it on if you want the previews for your windows when you move your curser over the icons. I believe this requires the newer style taskbar though, so if you've changed it to the old style it won't work.
If none of that is what your looking for, go back to the windows experience index page. On the left hand side there should be an option 'Adjust visual effects', this lets you manually choose animations. Aero Peek and transparency can also be activated from this menu.
Hope some of this helps!
Windows 7 is come with some very nice default wallpapers. These wallpapers are really nic. The default Windows 7 wallpaper images are located at:
If your operating system is located other than C drive then the default location is just changes with drive name. For example:
If your Windows 7 is installed in D partition of your hard disk, then the default location of Windows 7 wallpapers is: D:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
If your Windows 7 is installed in E partition of your hard disk, then the default location of Windows 7 wallpapers is: E:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
Step 1: Right-click on the empty space on Windows 7 desktop and click on Personalize option.
Step 2: Now, click on Desktpop Background link at the bottom of the windows.
Step 3: After the above steps, a new window will be opened. In this windwod, you will find several nice wallpapers. To choose any wallpaper, just click on any wallpaper and that wallpaper will be set for your desktop background. If you want to set other image as your default background, then click on Browse button and browse to your favourite image location and select that image.
Step 5: After selecting the image for your desktop background, click on Save changes button.
Have checked and the vendor and they say they have not altered anything to the standard windows 7 installation
This is an old post, and I see that there have been some solutions proposed, so you may have already solved your problem. I don't see any reference anywhere to the model of computer you are using. It's not a Hewlett Packard by any chance is it? If so, there are a couple of proven solutions.
If you haven't solved your problem yet, and it is an HP, try this:
1. Go to http://www.hp.com/#Support
2. Choose the Download drivers and software button under
3. Under Step 2, enter your product name (e.g. pavilion 2022 ... be very careful as the I am sure the precise model is important.)
4. Click on the link matching your PC model
5. Choose Windows 7 operating system (assume you will be 32-bit)
6. Scroll down the list Select software and drivers and choose Wallpaper picture position enabler
>> If you can't find your product name in 3. above then you can run the sp45575.exe fix:
>> If running an exe file blind scares you, you can read about the sp45575.exe here:
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.