"alt gr+v" keyboard shortcut not working!

Hi everyone! i have an anoying problem. the keyboard shortcut for "at" symbol does not work, when i press "alt gr+v" nothing comes out. it's interesting that "alt gr" key is working fine with ALL the other key combinations and the "v" key also works, even in combinations like "ctrl+v", but the "alt gr+v" does not!!
i'm running windows 7 SP1 x86. i'm currently on croatian regional settings and keyboard layout. i've tryed changing the layout to US and that didn't help either. my windows are "freshly" installed and this "bug" was immediately present. the "alt+64" combination does get me what i need, but this bug is really anoying and i would like to solve it somehow! what could be the cause of this?? thanks in advance!!
Answer
Answer
hi, thank you for your answers and your time.

yesterday i figured out what was this issue about. accidently i noticed that on the very startup of windows altgr+v works ok, but then at some point it stops. so i went shutting down my apps and found that SKYPE was using this keyboard shortcut for "answer call with video".
so, there was the problem, stupid really...i feel like some n00b now, lol. but here is the answer if anyone bumps into similar problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2024 Views 497 Applies to: