cannot install quicktime - error 2894

installer encountered and unexpected error (duh)

would it expect an error?

anyway, I cannot instyall any version of quicktime 7 into the latest release of windows 10 (1024xx)

the problem began in Premier when video disappeared from my sequence, when I attempted to import a file that had been working on earlier versions of windows 10, it said video was not available. the file however worked ok opening in quicktime player  (that had been installed and remained during the windows updates.   To remedy, I tried uninstalling quicktime, rebooting and re installing ... could not reinstall. the error is as described. I was able to install iTunes without issue (something others have had some difficulty with) but I MUST have quicktime...  please help.

error code 2894.

Hi,

Installing or removing program fails because of corrupted registry keys or blocked installation. Follow these methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer.

1. Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
  2. Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.

Try your Windows Installer-based application again.

Method 2: I would suggest you to set the computer in clean boot state and try to install the program. Check if it helps.

Setting the system in clean boot state, will help in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista and Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2024 Views 137 Applies to: