Shift, CRTL keys no working with Modern Remote Desktop

I've been working with the new remote desktop app for over a year, from today, the CTRL, Alt and Shift keys stop working for all remote desktop sessions, in my local PC they work normally. I've closed all and restart computer, but still the same.

Any Idea? could be latest windows Updates I'm on windows 10  Build 14271. rs1_release_160218-2310

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

4. Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

5. Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2.

This issue may occur due the Keyboard driver is out dated. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would recommend you to update the keyboard driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Press Windows Key + X and click on Device Manager.

2. Locate for the Keyboard and expand it.

3. Right click on the keyboard and click on uninstall. 

4. Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic keyboard driver. 

If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the keyboard driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum, we have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with these type of issues. I suggest you to post the same query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help you.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2024 Views 19,293 Applies to: