The CPU isn't supported [Windows 10]

I recently was able to get the tray icon for the windows 10 reservation.

I can wait to see what happens with this issue but I would like to know if anyone has information about this error on a computer already running windows 8.1.

Hardware:

Asus Maximus IV Hero

Intel 4770k

16gb ram

>5TB free storage

GTX780x2

from this list of items required:

1. Your device isn’t up-to-date with at least Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update. [running 8.1 currently]

2. Windows Update is turned off or is not set to received updates automatically.[Windows update is currently running and auto updating]

3. You’ve blocked or uninstalled the necessary Windows Update functionality.[no blocks on windows update function]

4. Your device is not running genuine Windows. [is genuine]

5. Your device is running Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, or Windows RT/RT 8.1, which are excluded from this reservation offer. [windows 8 professional]

6. Your device is managed as part of a school or business network. (Check with your IT administrator.) [personal computer]

7. PCs that we determine cannot run Windows 10 will not see the Get Windows 10 app before July 29th. After July 29th, we’ll enable the icon in the system tray. This is to help ensure that you can easily check your PC’s compatibility if you choose. 

^ this last one is the issue for me. Since I get the error: "The CPU isn't supported" will I not be able to install the update after launch?

There should be no reason that my computer is unable to support windows 10.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. If not, I will just have to wait and see what happens after launch.

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

The Reserve app is buggy and its reporting some incorrect information. Please ignore it, as long as you meet the minimum requirements, you should be fine.

If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s what it takes.
1.Latest OS: Make sure you are running the latest version either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.  ◦Need to download the latest version? Click here for Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.

2.Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
3.RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
4.Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
5.Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
6.Display: 1024x600

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 20, 2022 Views 21,952 Applies to: