Is my graphics display or Bluetooth device compatible with Windows 10? The readiness report showed it was not.

When I ran the Windows 10 “Get Windows 10” tool from the icon in the task tray, when I checked my PC, the message that my Graphics or Bluetooth sensor device was listed stating “You may experience problems with the display”.  This can happen to a number of different hardware configurations.

What can I do about this?

Answer
Answer

The initial release of the Microsoft tool that checks system upgrade compatibility had some issues and was replaced on 6/2. A fix was released that will show under optional updates that you need to download and install from Windows Update if not installed automaticallyMicrosoft is currently moving the fix to recommended in WU.

Windows 8.x  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Windows 7 SP1 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2952664

You can verify this fix was installed by Viewing Installed updates.

After verifying the fix was installed you can re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information

You can also rerun using the below method

Search for task scheduler and open it/schedule tasks. Expand
Library/Microsoft/Windows/Application Experience. Right click the task and then select Run.

If you are still experiencing a problem, please open a cmd prompt and run

dxdiag

Please post your reply here with the Device Key from the DXDiag report and include a screenshot of the report out that will now include a timestamp that will also show that the update was applied successfully.

Example: Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_944C&SUBSYS_E104174B&REV_00

and

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

We are currently investigating some instances where the Windows 10 readiness report is falsely indicating that there are problems with some hardware components.  We'll get these issues worked out as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

-Michael Niehaus

Senior Product Marketing Manager, Windows

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2023 Views 25,946 Applies to: