Error Code 0x80070002

I Found the file in my navigation system but i keep getting the error code above (0x80070002) and says the necessary boot.wim file couldnt be found is it just not ready or is it messed up? 

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Error 0x80070002 means that the download was not completed.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if you can upgrade. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section “Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state” in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I suggest you to disable Antivirus software/ Firewall and check if it helps.

Warning:
1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.
2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok Thank you 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so i did both of these steps and it is still saying i am missing my boot.wim file I should also let it be known i have yet to be promted to upgrade i was told to go to the folder C:\$Windows.~BT and running the setup and getting this error message, again did i get misinformation and am being impatient and just havent recieved the upgrade yet or did something go wrong on your guys end.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was also facing the same problem as mentioned by you above. But the remedy to this problem came when I found the missing boot.wim file here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks but i just today checked my email and by the time that happened i had already began the download process however if it fails again ill use this 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2023 Views 1,164 Applies to: