Question

Progress installing the Windows 10 November update stops responding at 44%

Waseemulla S asked on
When installing the Windows 10 November update, progress gets stuck and hangs at 44%.  How do I resolve this issue?
386 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Anannya Podder replied on

Hi,

We’ve observed that some devices that have an SD bus with an SD card inserted while installing the Windows 10 November update will stop responding at 44%, and we are currently investigating the issue.

If your install is freezing at 44%, check if you have an SD card inserted and remove it, and the update should be able to progress beyond this spot.  If you needed the SD card for additional disk space, see if you have a USB/Mini-USB port available that you can use instead for the upgrade.  Otherwise, you may have to try freeing up some disk space off the hard drive.

If you're hanging at some percentage other than 44%, please create a new post.

56 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
asdy replied on

Mine stopped at 9% and stayed there for ages, so I tried to stop the Windows update service , but said it failed to stop it, now it is saying no updates available.
What where why when how anyone?
81 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Anannya Podder replied on

Hi,

We’ve observed that some devices that have an SD bus with an SD card inserted while installing the Windows 10 November update will stop responding at 44%, and we are currently investigating the issue.

If your install is freezing at 44%, check if you have an SD card inserted and remove it, and the update should be able to progress beyond this spot.  If you needed the SD card for additional disk space, see if you have a USB/Mini-USB port available that you can use instead for the upgrade.  Otherwise, you may have to try freeing up some disk space off the hard drive.

56 people found this helpful

Abuse history

HenrySwats replied on
My Win10 update stopped at 34%. I had no SD card installed; however, I did have an external backup HD plugged in. I removed the connection and nothing happened. Suggestions? HandyHank
46 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Badger15 replied on

My windows 10 update stops at 91%.

Once it stops, I have to shut down. On restart I am told that it will revert back to Windows 7 BUT it does not revert. I get a black screen telling me that windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software caused the problem. Status 0xc000000e. Needless to say there has been no recent changes made.

I have tried many of the suggestions I have read on line, without any  solution.

Has anyone else had this problem ? Can anyone help?

74 people found this helpful

Abuse history

asdy replied on

Mine stopped at 9% and stayed there for ages, so I tried to stop the Windows update service , but said it failed to stop it, now it is saying no updates available.
What where why when how anyone?
81 people found this helpful

Abuse history

GünterErtan replied on
It's 0% for me :( 
35 people found this helpful

Abuse history

AZ60 replied on

MY update stopped at 32% - I than ejected 2 USB drives and the updates installed!!
Andy
16 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Parpaluck replied on

Hi,

The insanity is aggravated by keeping finding and installing other updates that… had already been installed! In my case, Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106246) was Successfully installed on 11/12/2015… four times! Meanwhile, Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) Failed to install on 11/12/2015… four times!

I only blame… honestly, lack of proper training in the English language:

<link removed>

14 people found this helpful

Abuse history

stewartwershow replied on

My update of November 10 stopped at 68%.  How can I start over and do one update at a time?

21 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Parpaluck replied on

Unfortunately, "do one update at a time" is no longer possible in Windows 10, as it was possible in good old Windows 7. It was also great to hide updates that ill-behaved...
21 people found this helpful

Abuse history

stewartwershow replied on

Do we know why Windows 10 does not allow one update at a time as in Windows 7? Thanks for the information.
17 people found this helpful

Abuse history