Error code Ox80070426 on Windows 10 (Outlook)

I downloaded Windows 10 last Thursday without any problems and my desktop operated fully including e mail via Outlook.  I had occasion to post a message on this Forum regarding my e mail folders and that resulted in me changing mail box sync settings  to allow e mails older than 3 months to download and therefore get my folders populated with info I wanted to retain.

This morning when I opened my desktop e mail on the right hand side it stated ' Your Outlook settings are out of date'  Two further buttons where available to either fix or dismiss.  I pressed the one to fix the problem but after some considerable time the reply came back' unable to do so with an error code Ox80070426.

I wonder if some kind sole could give some help in sorting this matter out as I am not that computer literate.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Are you referring to Office Outlook? If so then you may post your query here. You may also follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Have you installed all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. If not then I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and download and install all the drivers including network and graphic drivers. Please check if there are any pending Windows updates and install them as well.
You may also run the in-built troubleshooter and check if it helps. Type control panel on the search tab in the task bar>type control panel> on the search tab(top right corner)>type troubleshooting> on the right>click on view all>choose Performance and Maintenance> follow the on screen steps.
Please let us know how it goes.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This wasn't helpful. the step don't follow with the control panel settings at all

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. My outlook account updates on my other devices but not on my laptop since the upgrade to Windows10. The other devices are IOS. The help via the troubleshooter does not help.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This doesn't make a lot of sense.....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2020 Views 917 Applies to: