Error C1900101-30017?

I have just tried to upgrade my windows 7 home to windows 10 home for the fourth time.  Each time it gets to what I assume is it's 1st reboot, at which time my computer starts to reboot and then proceeds to just stop.  I get the nice windows 10 boot screen, but the little dots stop moving, and my computer just freezes.  After I finally get my computer restarted it needs to restore windows 7, and then tells me that my update for windows 10 failed.  It gives me error code C1900101-30017.

This last try it also gave me information that it failed during the "FIRST_BOOT" phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Any help would be welcome. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have just tried to upgrade my windows 7 home to windows 10 home for the fourth time.  Each time it gets to what I assume is it's 1st reboot, at which time my computer starts to reboot and then proceeds to just stop.  I get the nice windows 10 boot screen, but the little dots stop moving, and my computer just freezes.  After I finally get my computer restarted it needs to restore windows 7, and then tells me that my update for windows 10 failed.  It gives me error code C1900101-30017.

This last try it also gave me information that it failed during the "FIRST_BOOT" phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Any help would be welcome. 

I had the same problem when I first tried to upgrade and got around it after I found on Google that the same error code in Windows 8 could have meant that the Antivirus program should be switched of or uninstalled.

I switched off Kapersky Internet Security and then went trough the upgrade without further problems.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same problem and starting the computer from a clean boot with only Microsoft services active did the job.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Disabling of the avast Antivirus software as well as disabling Defender temporarily did not help at all in my case. Win 10 intallation stopped by error code C1900101-30017

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It made no difference to me either, the clean boot and AVG disabled....I have a much older PC (HP iPOWER 3.0) that upgraded with no issues, I like 10 but having tried this twice, the time input is becoming unworthwhile.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Even I faced a similar issue when upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I have a custom assembled desktop with Intel Core i7 860 CPU and MSI P55-GD65 Motherboard and 4 GB RAM. I selected retain nothing option during upgrade. When upgrade was stuck after reboot, I accidentally disconnected the USB mouse. This resumed windows upgrade but got stuck again on next boot. I again disconnected and reconnected the mouse and the upgrade resumed again. At every stage Windows 10 upgrade got stuck I just disconnected and reconnected the mouse again and it would continue.

Now after Windows 10 is successfully installed, the boot gets stuck. I have to disconnect and reconnect the mouse every time to complete windows start up.

I use a Cooler Master Storm mouse so not sure if this problem is with my mouse or Windows. Connecting and disconnecting a USB Storage device has no affect on boot. It has to be the mouse. 

People stuck upgrading can try to disconnect and connect a mouse (or any other USB device) to resume upgrade but not sure it will solve everybody's problem. Also make sure you have disconnected every other unnecessary  device (network connection, printer, webcam, USB drives, PCI device, Optical drive, additional Hard disk, graphics card etc.). Just upgrade with the bare minimum system.

Hope that MS fixes the issue with my mouse soon.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Struggled with this error for a while. Finally found I accidentally renamed the System reserved hidden partition previously, changing it back to System reserved did the trick. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After the windows 10 boot screen loading animation spins once or twice it freezes, permanently, at a couple of dots, sometimes none. This happens after installation finishes and it starts to boot for the first time.  *correction* This happens during the first reboot during installation. I have let it stay on this screen overnight. It never starts back up and forces me to hard shutdown.

After 9+ times of various online suggested 'Fixes', carefully trying to install Windows 10 via bootable USB and the Desktop 'Get Windows 10' Update app, nothing works NOTHING! I Have tried the mouse thing, clean install and a bookmark folder full of links to "Fixes". I'm at my whits end and honestly don't think it will ever work. PLEASE HELP!

UPDATE: I have still not been able to update to Windows 10. My case quickly got elevated to a Senior Tech. He tried several things but could never fix it as well. So his solution was that I buy a Windows 10 product key. His guess is that because I have a SSD in place of the original stock HDD that it's causing a conflict. I find this highly unlikely that a simple Hard Drive switch would prevent Windows 10 from installing. 

Windows 7 Pro
Lenovo W520 (Model 427639U) Laptop

8GB RAM, 119GB Samsung SSD (my install drive), 464GB HDD in the Ultrabay (The CD Drive Slot), Intel Core i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, BIOS Lenovo 8BET62WW (1.42) 7/26/2013, SMBIOS Version 2.6

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Error c1900101-30017  on most all Medio Akoya Laptop

Ok, it works.

30% Automatic restart -> avoid by simply switching off the PC when you restart. 75% Automatic restart -> avoid by simply switching off the PC when you restart. Now I have Windows 10 finally strikes and just because I have suppressed the automatic restart !!

There are several people who said thank you for this "solution"

Hopes it works for you too. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hola marcos. quitando la partición de tu equipo has logrado obtener windows 10?.

tengo el mismo codigo de error. y tengo una partición. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Dell XPS with Win 8.1 and ran into the same error message. During the install the Dell logo appeared & the computer just hung up. I disconnected the peripherals, hit the power button and the machine returned to the previous edition with no issues. Until this gets fixed, I'll stick with 8.1. I'm using MSFT's anti-virus package.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2024 Views 24,983 Applies to: