APC Index Mismatch- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ok , I started my PC, but as I was looking at my e-mails my pc went to a blue screen but not a BSOD, a Microsoft regular blue screen that told me there was an problem and Windows needs to restart to fix the problem. It gave me the info on the problem as APC Index Mismatch. I looked up this error and suspected from the info that maybe one of my drivers was either poorly written for the Windows 10 upgrade or not up to date. I checked the drivers on all my hardware and updated only my soundcard. It wasn't for the driver either. only the software was updated. All my drivers are up to date. I'm not sure what cused the error but I did copy the dmp files from windows just in case I have to call Microsoft on this problem. Has anyone else run into this with Windows 10 pro 64bit?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Gaerisch,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Step 1: Start the computer in Safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode and check if it fixes the issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

If the issue is not occurring in Safe mode then, place the computer in a Clean Boot and check.

Step 2: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps: 

1. Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
  2. Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
  3. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest video driver for the manufacturer and check if it works.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557419%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by Suzy_G on Windows 10 Install and Upgrade Top Solutions.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-install-and-upgrade-top-solutions/a59d8a6a-18da-417b-93a6-7b6ab4d03896

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate the quick response, but the problem only occurred once, after which I ran disk check and boot time defragmentation using my diskeeper program. Interestingly, when you run disk check it doesn't give a report after cleaning and checking the drive for errors. So I don't know if there are any. But I'll let you know if it happens again. Oddly it's not a regular blue screen. It's just a report screen.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Agree with Harshavardhan Rathod  Apart from anything once the PC has rebooted after the APC_IMixmatch error it will carry on working fine for days / weeks before it occurs again so running in Safe Mode perpetually isn't really a solution. I've had it on five occasions since I updated to WIndows 10.

Have to say that, although it's annoying, it does just dump you back to where you were 5-10 minutes earlier but I'd still like a better way of finding out what driver it is - if that is what is causing the problem.

600 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry that should have read 'Agree with gaerisch'

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was working offline, using Works, and had the same thing happened too me.

It then downloaded some supposed updates, and I'm back-up again.  This is

weird, and I don't know what to think.  I never had this happen on any computer

before, including the large non-personal computers.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I recently started having this problem on my HP EliteBook 8460P, after more than a year running fine with Windows 10.

I have the blue screen when I try to use the webcam in SKYPE, that I've been using with no problem since I upgraded the laptop to Windows 10.

Of course I updated all drivers, no change.

Today I even did a 'PC reset', and then I reinstalled only SKYPE... as soon as I tried to run the webcam via this application, the laptop chrashed.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for posting Claudio!  I have the same issue and can confirm that a PC Reset does not resolve it. 

Symptom Recap - I can't use the Sunplus/Realtek integrated webcam on my Lenovo X1 carbon even though the driver is up-to-date and Device Manager reports that the device is working normally.  Attempting to initiate a Skype (any version) video call immediately produces the BSOD and posts a QR code with the text "APC Index Mismatch" error

Windows 10 Version / Build = 14986.rs_prerelease.161202-1928

I'm on the slow path for pre-release pushes but would happy to change that to get this fixed soon.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.

I started another discussion on this issue, as this one seemed to me a bit old.

I resolved the issue only by formatting the laptop and reinstalling the Win 10 Pro production build.

I do hope someone in MS will look at it, as I'm scared that the next production build will reintroduce the bug...

Happy Holidays!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the tip and incredibly kind follow up.  I took your advice!  The good news is that using my  integrated webcam no longer crashes my X1.  I also disabled the insider participation to avoid recreating the problem.

Thank you so much!

Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For info, my laptop, now NOT in the insider Group, just got the build 14393.693, and SKYPE is working fine.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 364,791 Applies to: