Glitch in Windows 10

There is a glitch in Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Every time I click on File Explorer, it crashes the desktop as well as File Explorer itself. Is there a fix for this issue?

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with File Explorer crashes in Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by ”Jessen P” replied on October 3, 2014 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/issues-with-windows-10-technical-preview-as-file/7ea62373-dab1-4e34-9f9e-c21a5fd3995b

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

I hope this information is helpful.    

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with File Explorer crashes in Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by ”Jessen P” replied on October 3, 2014 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/issues-with-windows-10-technical-preview-as-file/7ea62373-dab1-4e34-9f9e-c21a5fd3995b

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

I hope this information is helpful.    

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

I have already ran the SFC command, and it said it didn't find any integrity violations. Are there any other suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2022 Views 556 Applies to: