Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266) - Error 0x80004005 (Sept-30, 2015)

I have 3 (cleans) computers: same error on those 3 computers !

Come on Microsoft !

What a pity !

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree " Come on Microsoft" you have just launched windows 10 her in NZ and it is still having issues with updates! Time you accepted that while your previous windows worked with glitches Windows 10 may soon be seen as a total dog! As I am passed 30 days with it I can't even revert back to my old OS. Maybe you should spend some of your millions on employing staff who actually check that updates work before sending them out to the world. On top of this the constant update checks are real data hogs which can really affect customers on limited data caps. Not everyone lives in a US megacity with you beaut fibre connections.

08/10/2015

At last managed to get this update to download. Get real Microsoft, you have been in the business of software for so long you should not be making stupid mistakes that glitch customers machines! I don't care that Windows 10 is a new system and all new systems take sorting out. You should know not to release an unchecked update by now. Worst of all with the W10 updates being automatic they shouldn't ever cause issues this one has. Maybe you should look back and see why XP worked for so long and start firing the people involved with this disaster.

To all the people on this forum thanks for the help .

Microsoft you are lazy in that you expect your own clients to do your job for you when it comes to sorting your own bad programming.

One day in the not too distant future some other company will come up with an OS that replaces Windows dominance in the market and I am betting that company will not be Microsoft. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to install the update on all the 3 computers. Do not worry, it can be fixed.

I suggest you run the Windows update troubleshooter and then try to install Windows 10 on your computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

If the issue persists, then try to install it in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. It starts Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" in the above link.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.           

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi MalcolmGee,

I understand your concern, do not worry every problem will have a solution. Since it is a new Operating system and we need Windows updates to fix any new issues and for security and safety of the system.

What happens when you try to revert to old OS?

If you have tried the following steps it might have disabled the Go Back feature on Windows 10:

1. Refresh.
  2. Reset.
  3. Disk Cleanup (if it touched Windows.old or $windows.~bt).
  4. Manually deleting files within Windows.old or $windows.~bt
  5. Running on battery (must be plugged in).
  6. If external device was used during upgrade to store Go Back      data – the customer must have it to perform a Go Back.

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/how-to-recover-restore-your-previous-version-of/94368560-9c64-4387-92b9-82a9234216ad

Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.          

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No help with the troubleshouter...

No help with a clean boot: I am running Win-10... instructions, here, for win 8.1 and below...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No help with a clean boot: I am running Win-10... instructions, here, for win 8.1 and below...

After trying the Troubleshooter and Clean Boot, I tried Disk Cleanup (Windows Update files) and got rid of few other Temporary files and folders in vain.

So finally, I decided to just delete everything inside  this folder: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

[That's the manual method of resetting the Windows Update cache. I've used it many times since Windows Vista.]

Another reboot, and it actually worked! :o

*Make sure you delete those files while Windows Update is stopped in Services.*

If deleting those files didn't work, make sure you delete all the temporary files and stop all the services run by 3rd party programs. Oh and I disabled Windows Defender by installing Panda Free Antivirus, just a temporary thing to stop Windows Defender and see if that could be the reason.

Good Luck. ;)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Done all this below, not working for me.

After trying the Troubleshooter and Clean Boot, I tried Disk Cleanup (Windows Update files) and got rid of few other Temporary files and folders in vain.

So finally, I decided to just delete everything inside  this folder: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

[That's the manual method of resetting the Windows Update cache. I've used many times since Windows Vista.]

*Make sure you delete thosse files while Windows Update is stopped in Services.*

If deleting those files didn't work, make sure you delete all the temporary files and stop all the services run by 3rd party programs. Oh and I disabled Windows Defender by installing Panda Free Antivirus, just a temporary thing to stop Windows Defender and see if that could be the reason.

Good Luck. ;)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This did it for me!  Thank you very much!
tim

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[That's the manual method of resetting the Windows Update cache. I've used many times since Windows Vista.]

*Make sure you delete thosse files while Windows Update is stopped in Services.*

Good Luck. ;)

I did the clearing out of the folder and rebooted and it worked ..THANK YOU!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to install the update on all the 3 computers. Do not worry, it can be fixed.

I suggest you run the Windows update troubleshooter and then try to install Windows 10 on your computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

If the issue persists, then try to install it in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. It starts Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" in the above link.

the link for clean boot you mention does not have a Windows 10 section?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Deleting the download files worked!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Matt - Slidell, La.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 7,717 Applies to: