Windows 10 Sleep Mode Wifi Problem

After upgrading to Windows 10 the other day putting my computer into sleep mode has become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals and the computer must be reset. Is anyone else suffering this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Franchek,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly. Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel

2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

4. Click on Network adapter.

5. Click on Advanced on the Network adapter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network adapter troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to install the latest drivers for the WI-FI through Windows updates and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Open the Start menu and type Windows update in the search bar.

2. Click on Windows update and Check for the updates.

3. Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

If the issue still persists, follow the below method.

Method 3:

I suggest you to install the latest Wi-Fi drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I also have this problem, even more serious. Everytime my HP Elitebook connect to my office wifi router, it started drop connection after 2-3 hours then couldn't get back, whatever I tried. This problem happened only to me. Other devices worked fine. Today I have to switch back to 8.1. So sad!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here on my Surface Pro 3.

When it wakes up it doesn't show any WiFi network. So, I I have to reset my Surface to be able to use it again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here with my Acer 7720G-5A3G32MI and it's Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wifi card.

Each time I get out of sleep mode, wifi network are showing up but internet connectivity is lost.

The fastest way to recover from this is to right click on wifi tray icon and launch troubleshooting (not sure it's the exact name in english, my OS is in french). Wifi card is then reset and connection comes back right away.

Deactivating manualy wifi, or going into airplane mode does not help.

224 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yep, have the exact same problem. After computer goes to sleep or hibernation it loose the ability to connect to any wifi network when its awake again. Running win 10 flawlessly otherwise on this old dell vostro 1310.

Only solution i found so far is to restart the pc, wich dont take long on an ssd, but still quite anoying.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly the same problem here as well with "just" installed W10,  7 days ago. I tried to do everything possible suggested on the net, my Surface Pro 3 has everything updated, including the WIFI Marvell driver (15.68.3091.193 Date 4/06/2015).  I also disabled the "Turn on fast startup" as somebody suggested, but not luck either. The WI FI become "disabled" , and it is not possible to turn it on. I couldn't get to the power mode setting for the WI-FI interface ;-(.

So far i noticed two way to fix it: reboot of the system, or try to "Diagnose" WI FI interface. The second option will "fix" it with 50-50% luck. However the wizard will report that the IP address is incorrect every time regardless WI FI actually working or not. 

This WI FI in surface Pro 3 is relay disappointment, No ch 13 now power mode start to play up.

It is relay the most annoying thing specially when you need surface to act as the tablet - it would not work every time. Hopefully Microsoft will fix the Microsoft hardware first - fingers crossed.

Microsoft, Marvell guys anyone there? 

:-( 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After many time tried, suddenly my computer works OK with wifi router. Can't figure out exactly how, but I would narrow my steps were:

- Uninstalled the wireless driver

- Update the lastest pack Windows update. I kept it automatic update mode

- Install the wireless driver from EOM manufacturer

For the last few days, my problem has gone. I can connect to the office wireless router without dropping wifi signal.

My laptop using chip Intel Wireless AC 7260 combine both Bluetooth & Wi-Fi receiver. Please note that I removed both driver of Bluetooth and wifi driver before install any update. Before I only tried to install new wifi driver and couldn't fix anything.

Very bad experience this time upgrade.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with my Surface Pro:  when the tablet comes out of Sleep mode, I have no wireless connection. The wireless network list shows my home network as Connected; however, it isn't.  I'm able to fix the issue each time by Disconnecting the network and then Connecting again.  Annoying.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem on my Lenovo Yoga, first gen. My WiFi adaptor is having a lot of problems with Windows 10. I also can't connect my laptop to my Xbox anymore because it drops the WiFi connection whenever the two of them are connected. Used to work fine on 8.1.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem intermittently on a WIndows Surface Pro 3 under latest Windows 10. No connections visible. Default connection re-established when I restart.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2023 Views 48,544 Applies to: