Hp pavillion 15 not shutting down or going to sleep/hibernate after updating to windows 10!

I installed Windows 10 on my hp laptop which previously had windows 8.1...now it would not go to sleep/hibernate or even shutdown! when i shutdown the screen turns off and power light remain on (the laptop fan is also on). i have to manually shut it down by holding the power button which is really not good for the hard disk and some other hardware components.. ive downloaded all the drivers from hp..i have tried many many solutions from around the internet but they don't seem to  work at all! i tried contacting hp they said this issue is not there problem, its microsoft problem and they should fix it....Please kindly tell me that if microsoft is aware of this issue and is working on it...

FOLLOWING ARE THE SOLUTIONS I TRIED BUT HAD NO SUCCESS AT ALL:

1. Turning off fastboot

2. Performing a clean boot

3. Updating Intel Hd graphics and Nvidia Gpu drivers

4. Updating BIOS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to download the ISO and Install again.

Link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Thank you

Rakesh C N

Microsoft Community.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to download the ISO and Install again.

Link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Thank you

Dear Rakesh,

How can you ask millions of people to re-download the ISO and re-install Windows 10? Why should I go through that painstaking process of installing everything? Don't you think it is Microsoft's duty to detect whichever files are causing this error and update them?

Tomorrow if people start a new thread with another problem, will you again ask them to re-download the ISO?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Rakesh,

How can you ask millions of people to re-download the ISO and re-install Windows 10? Why should I go through that painstaking process of installing everything? Don't you think it is Microsoft's duty to detect whichever files are causing this error and update them?

Tomorrow if people start a new thread with another problem, will you again ask them to re-download the ISO?

I FULLY, FULLY AGREE with above, and am certain all the FRUSTRATED members of the HP Community would agree.

This is a common problem and seems to be with HP Pavilion 15 Notebook computer (AND ALL OTHER HP Computer)

The scary thing is that Microsoft is advising us to do a variety of things and a variety of threads. That is what scares me terribly.

PLEASE advise whose advice is the most reputable, and why the driver etc are not fixed.

I feel cheated by both Microsoft who in the first instances did not allow me to extend my reservation, and thereafter both Microsoft and HP who confirmed that my computer was ready for the installation.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I installed Windows 10 on my hp laptop which previously had windows 8.1...now it would not go to sleep/hibernate or even shutdown! when i shutdown the screen turns off and power light remain on (the laptop fan is also on). i have to manually shut it down by holding the power button which is really not good for the hard disk and some other hardware components.. ive downloaded all the drivers from hp..i have tried many many solutions from around the internet but they don't seem to  work at all! i tried contacting hp they said this issue is not there problem, its microsoft problem and they should fix it....Please kindly tell me that if microsoft is aware of this issue and is working on it...

FOLLOWING ARE THE SOLUTIONS I TRIED BUT HAD NO SUCCESS AT ALL:

1. Turning off fastboot

2. Performing a clean boot

3. Updating Intel Hd graphics and Nvidia Gpu drivers

4. Updating BIOS

What? is Carly Fiorina still in charge at HP?

Why is this problem still hanging fire? 

Must we just leave our HP computers powered up forever?

And WHERE is the SEARCH icon?

---

Grrr.  -- NASA Computer Scientist Emeritus is not pleased.

---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2018 Views 295 Applies to: