ERROR 64 (0x00000040) Copying NTFS Security to Destination Directory

Hi

I run the below command and I experience hanging transfers and an excessive amount of ERROR 64 messages (see below the command) on various directories attempted to copy over.

robocopy C:\Users\user \\computer\c$\Users\user /COPYALL /B /E /NS /XJ /R:1 /W:1 /MT:96 /DCOPY:T /xd "temporary internet files"

2016/06/21 16:23:36 ERROR 64 (0x00000040) Copying NTFS Security to Destination Directory C:\Users\user\AppData\ The specified network name is no longer available.

I found that if I removed /B then the errors would be less and more data would transfer over (less hanging).

I then found if I removed /COPYALL and did the normal /COPY:DAT (omitted the S, O and U) then the transfer is absolutely fine. 

I then checked out my permissions for the directories where the ERROR 64 was occurring, so in the example above I looked at my permissions for C:\Users\user\AppData and I have full permissions equally does the user. 

This problem never occurred on Windows 7 as we used the above switches regularly for profile migrations. This has been failing in the exact same manor on different machines all with Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Build 10240 and supposedly Robocopy v 10.0.10240.16384 by right clicking C:\Windows\system32\Robocopy.exe > Properties.

I hope this gets the sniff from someone at Microsoft.

Hello Adam,

Thank you for providing us with the details of the issue.

The query you have made in this case is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. 
I would like to suggest you to post your question in the Technet Forum, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Server SQL. 

You can reach out at: Technet | Forums

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not got anything to do with Server SQL, but I have posted on TechNet, here is the post if anyone comes across this in the future: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b586a9ff-9a1d-43ac-b7fc-46d554c6efc3/robocopy-error-64-0x00000040-copying-ntfs-security-to-destination-directory?forum=win10itproapps 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2023 Views 9,842 Applies to: