Wifi limited/disconnected when Bluetooth is enabled on Win10

My previous question about the same topic simply received a generic reply which did not address the issue in any way, but which I assume marked it as "answered". Kindly make note that responses which do not provide any further info only serve to avoid the question. If you are facing the same issue, please do not respond as an answer, but use the "Me Too" option to indicate so.

My Bluetooth connection seems to be interfering with my Wifi connection. The interference persists even if no Bluetooth devices are connected to my system. I'm working on Win10, updated from Win7 a few days ago. I did not have this issue before the update.

Scenario:

1. Both Bluetooth and Wifi are off
  2. Switch on Wifi
  3. Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity
  4. Switch on Bluetooth
  5. Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects
  6. Disable and re-enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system.
  7. Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity immediately after reconnect
  8. Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects, after a short while (<1m)
  9. Disable Bluetooth
  10. Disable and enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system
  11. Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity (same as step 3)

Is anyone else facing the same issue. If yes, is there anything I could do to fix it? My drivers are all up-to-date and I'm working with an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 adapter on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

I have already made full use of the network troubleshooter; it only causes my adapter to get reset, which fixes the issue for less than a minute before the Wifi fails again. All basic user-side troubleshooting has already been done.

If you need logs to analyze the issue, I'd be happy to collect them, if you would let me know how to.

Update: As suggested by Bendito999 here, changing the advanced power settings of my Wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance" seems to circumvent the issue. This is however not a hard solution and only serves to work around the problem.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Roney,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated. 

Sorry for the delay in response. I'm sorry to know that Wi-Fi disconnects when Bluetooth is enabled on Windows 10. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you with this.  

If this happens even when you are working on the computer, then this could be an issue with the Wi-Fi drivers on the computer. You may try updating the Wi-Fi drivers either from the computer manufacturer. Please go to these websites and search for the latest Windows 10 compatible drivers for your WiFi card model and then install them on the computer.

You may try all the troubleshooting steps from the article given below:

Wired and wireless network problems

You may also refer to this article for more information: Why can't I connect to a network?

Note: This article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Simple answer...try experimenting with your Wi-Fi routers Security Authentication (eg. WPA,  WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK). Worked for me! :)

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue.

Disabling bluetooth clears the problem but of course now I have no bluetooth.

I have updated my driver in devices but this shut my wifi down completely.

I thought I would try a generic wifi rather than the built in one.  I will let you know if that helps.

Also I had this problem in windows 7 as well so I used Ubuntu which gave me both widi and bluetooth. but the bluetooth was limited and I could connect to my bluetooth speakers.

Perhaps there is something going on that the industry is not telling us about...

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry some spelling errors.

I meant in Ubuntu the blutooth only let me send and recieve files but I could not use my bluetooth speakers.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John,

I meant in Ubuntu the blutooth only let me send and recieve files but I could not use my bluetooth speakers.

Regarding this issue, I would request you to check with Ubuntu support for better assistance.

Do feel free to write to us in case you have any issues/concerns while working on your computer, we'll be happy to assist you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I decided to add a wifi dongle to my lap top, to see if this cured the issue of connectivity dropping off.

Two things I have found out

1. It is definately the built in blue tooth that is interering with my wifi.

2 Having a seperate dongle cured the problem.

What I don't know is why and how to sort it.  I have updated drivers and tried system restore but for some reason with windows 7 and 10 with my Medion Akoya, the wifi doesnt like my blue tooth on.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue. I noticed it on windows 7 machine, then it persisted on windows 10. Initially I could not figure out the wifi issue so I even bought a new router, updated drivers, downgraded driver.

Yesterday, I learned about it when I started bluetooth for the first time on a new clean install and instantly wifi started dropping.

I did a system restore, disabled the bluetooth and system is working fine.

I have Hp DV7T 7200 laptop with windows 10.

It has Intel centrino N2300. 

It took me 6 months to figure out this problem. 

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same wireless adapter as you and had the same problem.  Here is what fixed it for me:

Logged into the router and went to the 2.4GHZ settings.  Found the Channel was set to Automatic.  I changed it to 11, and I no longer have the issue.  You may need a different channel to prevent interference with your bluetooth. Experiment with different channels.

340 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

YES, it really helps!

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you a lot! In my case channel was actually already set to 11, so I changed it to 10. Problem gone.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 107,596 Applies to: