wifi doesn't work after upgrade to windows 10. Error code (code 12).

After i upgrde to windows 10, wifi adapter no longer works. Shows there is a conflict ... code error (code 12). How i can fix this in FUJETSU SIEMENS lifebook S7110.

OP - wifi doesn't work after upgrade to windows 10

Hi Akraou,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if some of the network setting got corrupted or might be network adapter is outdated.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network adapter troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + x key and select Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting.

3) Select Network and Internet, click Network adapter.

4) Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Network adapter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + x, select Device Manager.

2. Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

3. Select Update driver software.

If the issue still persists, you can try the steps mentioned in the below Microsoft help article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1 

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yesterday I accidentally unplugged my computer while I was cleaning my office. I thought it was off but it was just asleep. Everything is fine except that I cannot get on the internet.

I can find my Wi-Fi card in Divice Central, but not in Network & Internet.

In network and Sharing Center, when I go to Change Adapter Settings, there is no Wi-Fi option / icon.

In my settings for Network & Internet , it only offers VPN, Dial-up, Ethernet & Proxy. Again, no Wi-Fi option.

I'm working on Windows 10, but this didn't happen after upgrade. I've been on Windows 10 for a while.

I have tried going to Device Manager and Disabled & Enabled, didn't work, neither did updating it. There is an error, device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tina,

There can be a number of reasons for Wi-Fi connection issue in Windows, some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
  • Missing updates.
  • Network connection settings.
  • Hardware or software problems.
  • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
  • Interference with other devices.

A wireless network router has a limited broadcast range. The further the computer is from the router, the weaker the broadcast signal. Solid objects, such as walls, metal furniture, and electrical appliances might interfere with the signal and decrease the usable range.

Follow the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

Try these steps and see if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click on Device manager.
  3. Check if the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled.
  4. Right click on it and click on "Uninstall."
  5. Exit Device manager, restart your computer.
  6. Check the issue.

Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

The Network Adapter troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the adapter in the computer for any known issues and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
  • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
  • Click on “Network Adapter”.
  • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
  • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That did not work. I explained that I have done all the things you said to do. I have not missed updates, it has nothing to do with the router or the distance or the walls because I have other computers & devices running in the house and from the same room.

What you missed was I said that when I go to, Change Adapter Settings, there ISN'T a Wi-Fi option.

If I go to, Set up a Connection Network, it only has broadband, dial-up or VPN options, again, NO Wi-Fi option.

So my Network Sharing is COMPLETELY MISSING the WI-Fi option, and troubleshooting can't fix what isn't there.

My Device Manager DOES show the Wi-Fi card. I have tried to Update, disable, and uninstall. NOTHING has helped.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tina,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Try installing latest drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the latest and available driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Uninstall the existing network driver from your PC through Control Panel.

c. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

d. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 or operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for responding.

I don't know what operating system your talking about. I'm using Windows 10. When I open the control panel there isn't a driver set-up file. What is it under ?

I went to Realtek website and downloaded the update & utilities, specifically for Windows 10, on another computer, because I cannot get on the internet with the computer that has not internet service. I unzipped the updates and utilities to a jump drive. I ran it on the computer I'm having issues with, updating the existing driver and running a maintenance program. It didn't find anything wrong with the wi-fi adapter.

The problem seems to be in Windows. The Wi-Fi icon showed up for a minute in the Change Adapter Settings and then disappeared again. And, like I said, in the, Choose Connection Option, wi-fi isn't even an option.

This has to be a Windows issue. According to all the tech sites I've contacted, only people running Windows seems to have this problem with losing their wi-fi option after a Windows update.

Its not the connection to wi-fi I lost. Its the OPTION to USE Wi-Fi I don't have. It happened right after a Windows update.

I think the Windows update corrupted my antenna. But, again, why isn't there a Wi-Fi OPTION available anywhere in Network & Internet ? Could it be a problem in Windows firewall Inbound & Outbound rules ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, is that it ? Microsoft makes minimal attempts to assist and then goes radio silent if they can't problem solve in an instant ? 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tina,

We are sorry for the delay in response.

As the issue is still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

If the above steps doesn't help, suggest you to install latest Windows updates and check if this helps.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

1.      Hit Windows Key and type

2.      Type Windows Updates

3.      Click on Windows Updates

4.      Click on Check for updates and install the latest windows updates.

Kindly get back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2022 Views 2,229 Applies to: