November Update 1511 - WiFi issue - WiFi keeps disconnecting with several errors

Hi,

my name is Leo and I am a Windows 10 user. I have a huge problem with WiFi. Before 1511 update all went well, there were no issues and Windows 10 performed excellently! After yesterday morning, I encountered several errors in my WiFi connection, that I had to switch back to Mac OS X. My computer connects correctly to the network, but after about 5/10 mins it loses signal and it never gets it back. If I click on WiFi icon it is grayed and it is impossible to activate WiFi again. The only way that let it work again is to launch Troubleshoot and then wait for errors check. Usually it gives me 3 main errors:

1. Wireless service does not run
  2. Gateway error
  3. Protocols errors

I have to perform in average 2 times the Troubleshoot to let WiFi work again for about another 15 mins.

I already followed some fixes but they did not help me.

I have a Macbook Pro 13" Retina, Late-2013, with a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter. I run Windows 10 in a Dual Boot. Before the 1511 update I DID NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF ISSUE, ALL WORKED PERFECTLY!

Someone may help me? I need my PC 24/5 Internet linked because I am actually testing a my algorithm and I cannot have some kind of  technical issues!

Thank you very much!

Leo

EDIT:

I noticed that this problem is in all likelihood to appear when computer is connected to the power outlet, while when it is in battery mode it works regularly.

Try to disconnect your device from the power source and then test it on battery. It should help to fix temporary the issue.

EDIT 2:

Another solution that many users have tested and seems working, consists in uninstalling ALL KB##### updates since 1511 release, and then block upcoming updates.

FIX:

Many users, included me, have adopted a solution provided by Robert that seems perfectly working and solving this annoying issue. I quote what Robert says in his post:

1) Windows Key + X or right-click on the Windows icon and select the Command Prompt (admin)

2) Enter: sc config storsvc type= own  (note the space between = and own)

3) Reboot  

Thank you!

Answer
Answer

Leo,

First, apologies for the issue. If you could, a screenshot of the protocol message would be helpful.

If the protocol errors are referencing the Storage Service, there is a current issue we are working to resolve with respect to MacBook Pros and Bootcamp after the last upgrade. In short, the Storage Service is hanging or having issues, which results in a crash and ends up taking the WLAN with it. Until we have a solution for the issue, you can "dehost" the storage service so it doesn't cause issues with your wireless. Simply follow these steps:

1) Windows Key + X or right-click on the Windows icon and select the Command Prompt (admin)

2) Enter: sc config storsvc type= own  (note the space between = and own)

3) Reboot  

Thanks,

Robert

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2019 Views 2,860 Applies to: