Where are drivers for Lifecam Studio for Windows 10?

Where are drivers for Lifecam Studio for Windows 10?
Answer
Answer

Gave up waiting for response from MS so tried a few things myself and managed to fix this.

1. I deleted the Lifecam Studio from DEVICES (think it was somehow tied to the v4.25 that W10 U/G process automatically installed although i had uninstalled Lifecam v4.25)
  2. W10 then autodetected Lifecam Studio and launched some setup questions
  3. Had to enable camera to apps.

Working okay now.  Controls appear different but fundamentally the same.

I get that MS had thousands of potential software pgms and devices to try to support from day 1 with their W10 u/g but Lifecam Studio and other Lifecam models are Microsoft's OWN PRODUCTS, they should have taken the time to test backwards compatibility on their own products. 

177 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I found the solution to my earlier request.  The way to install the device WITHOUT installing the "Lifecam" 4.25 software is:

1. Uninstall Lifecam 4.25.512.0 Application software from Control Panel > Programs and Features

2. Removed Device Microsoft Lifecam in Device Manager

Then, in Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Right click and "Scan For Hardware Changes"

Operating system will find the camera (and the microphone, yea!) and the device works without installing the "Lifecam" software.  My device is listed as Studio - Microsoft Lifecam. and that's the version of the camera I have.  Properties list the driver as 11/1/2010, Driver Version 6.5.6004.0

Tested video with Skype, and tested the micraphone with Cortana, both seem to be working well.  Hope this helps others, good luck with your Lifecam and Windows 10.  I will say that so far I'm really enjoying Windows 10.  Performance is good, all features I've tried so far work well, all devices worked well on installation other than the camera including my Samsung Laser Printer, Realtek audio drivers, and other devices.  Had to update my Nvidia Device drivers at upgrade time, that was uneventful.  Thanks everyone! 

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 81,662 Applies to: