Mouse Not Working - Windows 10 - HID Compliant

So here's the deal. I just installed Windows 10 last night, and am really enjoying it. However, I am having a problem with my mouse drivers. I plugged my mouse in this morning at work on my laptop and it's not working.

Here's a picture of what I saw when I tried to reinstall my mouse drivers. I'm not exactly sure where to go from here.

Any help would be useful.

I tried analyzing and applying fixes from past threads but most of that information was over my head... Not the smartest tech guy in the world.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install available Windows updates including Optional updates and check if that helps you. If the issue still persists, refer to the following suggestion.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps to run hardware troubleshooter on the computer and check if that helps you:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Hardware and Devicesoption.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 2:

Uninstall the mouse drivers from device manager:

a. Press “Windows + R” keys to open Run window.

b. Type devmgmt.msc in the run option and click Ok.

c. Search for the mouse or touchpad drivers and right click the mouse driver listed and click Uninstall.

d. Click Uninstall, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly neither of these solutions worked!

The mouse still works on my other computer that isn't using Windows 10.

What would be the next step to make progress?

Thanks for the help!

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just go windows 10 also and my mouse isn't working either. Any help would be nice.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Without a mouse neither option was useful.  I have the mouse that came with the Compaq desktop, plurarinput.  I can get to devices and click on it enough to find it is not working but no way to uninstall or update drivers or anything else.  Mouse works on other computer and tried a wireless mouse on desktop but it didn't work either.  Right now my desktop is useless.

Dilligas

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you in fixing this issue.

What's the make and model of the Computer and the Mouse?

How is the Mouse connected to the Computer?

Please make use of the Keyboard to fix this issue by updating the drivers of the Mouse in Device Manager.

I would suggest you update the drivers from Device Manager and check if it helps. You may also download and install the latest drivers along with the Chipset Drivers, Firmware and BIOS updates for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website if available. If Windows 10 drivers aren't available, then we suggest you to download the Windows 7/8 drivers to install them in the compatibility mode. Refer to the following article for help to do the same:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance regarding this issue.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you really need to get your act together MS...  find real answers, not generic maybe this will work, stuff....   Win10 has too many failings...  which is why it's free..  but you need to work with you customers problems as it's the right way to do business...  I've given you $1000's over the years!!!!!!!!

130 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install available Windows updates including Optional updates and check if that helps you. If the issue still persists, refer to the following suggestion.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps to run hardware troubleshooter on the computer and check if that helps you:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Hardware and Devicesoption.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 2:

Uninstall the mouse drivers from device manager:

a. Press “Windows + R” keys to open Run window.

b. Type devmgmt.msc in the run option and click Ok.

c. Search for the mouse or touchpad drivers and right click the mouse driver listed and click Uninstall.

d. Click Uninstall, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Windows 10 and the Unrecognised Mouse

I add my questions here as several people I know also cannot use their mouse(s) after an upgrade to Win10.  I for one have not found a solution that works.

Context: After upgrade from W8.1 to W10.  Hardware about 2 years old H77 chip mobo, 16GB RAM, SSD, PS/2 KB, USB mouse.

Signs: mouse - no infrared light, no cursor on screen.

Actions taken:

1. NEW MOUSE: mouse was just an old IBM USB mouse, so I bought a new Logitech USB mouse U-00026 B100r.
    Logitech website states the mouse is compatible with Win10. 
    Downloaded and installed Logitech SW. Rebooted. 
    No change – still the same error messages.

2. ERROR MESSAGES: Device Manager shows – USB Input Device – Error 39.  The device driver for this hardware Driver may be corrupt or missing. Bad file. Attributes of mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.
    Driver 21 Jun 06 Vn 10.0.10566.40.

Details: C:\windows\system32\drivers\ghflt.sys – unknown developer, not digitally signed.
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\hidclass.sys – unknown developer, not digitally signed.
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\hidparse.sys – (on the left-hand side of this name there is a yellow rectangular icon with two prongs extending downward – which I take as an error icon).
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\hidusbe.sys – (on the left-hand side of this name there is also a yellow rectangular icon with two prongs extending downward).

3. EVENTS – device configured (input.inf); device not started (hidusb).
    DeviceUSB\VID_0462PID_C077\5&e658374&2&6 had a problem starting.
    Driver name input.inf
    Class Guid: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}
    Source Kernel_PnP Event 411
    Problem: 0x27
    Problem Status: 0xC0000020
    Online help provided by Microsoft: links to an ad for Microsoft 1TB Surface Book hardware.  I cannot get beyond the ad as the mouse does not work.
NEXT?: What do you suggest for next investigation or action?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem!  I have found that KB938371 is the original culprit being released to Vista and its migrated all the way to windows10.  In device manager I have 4 HID mouse drivers that reappear no matter what I do.  I've deleted one at a time and the third one down is the one that actually works but when I reboot all four re-appear!  It didn't matter if I had wireless or wired USB mouse.  This problem is listed all over the internet!  Microsoft unions are probably the culprit not being able to work on another persons software which is ludicrous!  It's like 5 union workers working on a paved road fixing a pipe.  the first person  is the one that uses the jack hammer and he isn't there for a week.  All progress stops until he gets back!  That's unions and it happens all the time!!!!  Another facto9r is the NSA spying needs the other three drivers to get your information!!!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I see you added a HID usb mouse.  A quick fix for me was changing the USB port on my Microsoft HID compliant mouse and putting a piece of paper on my mouse pad but the next time I booted up the jerky mouse movements came back!  The only thing that tries to work now is going into the device manager from control panel and deleting HID mouse drivers 1,2,4 and leaving the third one there but again if I reboot they all come back! I wish someone would come up with a registry fix for that to delete 3 of the HID mouse drivers and leave the third one alone as it actually works!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried so many things with 0 success 

then I decided to join the insider program and after the update (14986) my mouse started working again 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 98,012 Applies to: