Intel Driver Update error: igdumdim32 could not be found in the dynamic link library

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, I've been having issues with the intel drivers.  Occasionally when I am attempting to download and install an update to the drivers, it gives me an error that states that igdumdim32 could not be found in the dynamic link library.  I can usually restart my computer and the message will go away, but then when I try to update the drivers again, the message will reappear.  On occasion, some of the text and photos that appear through firefox and even other Windows apps will appear as if they'd been pixelated and pulled apart (although I don't know if this is related)

"The procedure entry point ?DeleteVertxShader@USC@@YGXAAPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\igdumdim32.dll.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

What Is Igdumdim32.dll?

Igdumdim32.dll is a type of DLL file associated with Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8® developed by Intel Corporation for the Windows Operating System. The latest known version of Igdumdim32.dll is 9.18.10.3071, which was produced for Windows. This DLL file carries a popularity rating of 1 stars and a security rating of "UNKNOWN".

Why Do I Have DLL Errors?

Because they are shared files, DLL files exist outside of the software application itself. Although this provides many benefits for software developers, this separation also provides an opportunity for problems to occur.

Quite simply, if Windows cannot properly load your igdumdim32.dll file, you will encounter an error message. Please see "Causes of igdumdim32.dll Errors" below for more information.

When Do DLL Errors Occur?

DLL errors, such as those associated with igdumdim32.dll, most often occur during computer startup, program startup, or while trying to use a specific function in your program (eg. printing).

Method 1

I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

Summary

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash. System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10 

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 4,015 Applies to: