HP Laserjet p2055d not able to print after upgrading to Windows 10 : getting Error 49Err.3D90A44

please HELP: HP Laserjet p2055d not able to print after upgrading to Windows 10 : getting Error 49Err.3D90A44

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupt printer drivers or the printer drivers have not installed properly in the computer.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter and check if it works. Please follow the steps given below.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

1. Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.
  2. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting.
  3. Now click on view all option.
  4. Click onprinter and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help#fix-printer-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article willhelp you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to say all 3 above method failed. - after connecting with HP Help - they say at present they do not have drivers of HP LaserJet P2055d  for Windows 10 , only they have a compatible drivers at link

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3662056&swItemId=ds_99353_10&swEnvOid=4191

After which printer is working but with limitation - All features are not available.

Requesting to please have original drivers for my product.

52 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

I would suggest you to install the latest printer drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps.

a. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website. 
b. Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘properties’. 
c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

For additional information, refer the link below:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem.   I tried all sorts of HP suggestions and software.  Nothing.  

Someone smart gave me this fix:

If you haven't already tried this.... Try it!

Unplug printer from computer

Uninstall printer software completely

Restart computer

Plug in printer now and reinstall

If you don't unplug it and restart it won't work

It worked! 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2024 Views 15,195 Applies to: