Dymo 450 Turbo Labelwriter wont print

My Dymo 450 Turbo has stopped printing.  The message I get is that it is unable to print or the printer is out of paper.  I have tried different sizes of label but nothing.  I am using Windows 10.  I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled.  I have cleaned the printer as instructed but still nothing.  I have also checked the website and been told there are no updates.  The printer is 4 years old and has never been a problem before,
Answer
Answer
Hi Pam,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

We understand that, Dymo 450 Turbo has stopped printing and you get an error message "unable to print or the printer is out of paper" on your system and we are glad to assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. Did you install all the pending updates and driver updates on your system?  
2. Did you make any changes on the system, prior to this issue?

As per the link below, the printer do not support Windows 10 operating system, so I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check, if it helps.

This issue occurs due to the incompatible printer drivers.   

I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and reinstall the latest printer driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website: http://global.dymo.com/enAU/Software/LabelWriter_450_Turbo.html
2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".
3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Also, try to restart the computer with the printer powered on and a sheet of paper on the tray, to fix the error message"unable to print or the printer is out of paper" on your system.

Also, try to contact Dymo technical support for the drivers on these links given below

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2023 Views 15,754 Applies to: