Bluetooth audio controls do not work when system is locked

I own a Windows tablet (8.1 now upgraded to 10) - Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140.

The unexpected problem I have found is that I cannot control music if I turn off the screen, because for some reason when system is locked, bluetooth controls stop working. I was able to "workaround" this to some extent by disabling screen lock in various places BUT:

a) this only works when I use a keyboard dock and "close the lid". It does not help when I use power button to turn off the screen. I was not able to disable tablet lock when pressing power button, even though all settings (power settings, screen saver settings, lock screen settings, sheesh - 3 locations!) I have set to not lock the system.

b) I want the tablet to be locked.

This is some basic func., every smartphone and non-windows tablet has it - you can use your BT controls to change tracks and play/pause while your device is locked. Not the case with Windows! This is BASIC stuff for a portable device, don't you agree?

How do I push this message to the devs? I am quite frustrated trying to find ways to contact dev team or at least someone who can contact dev team and at least notify them about this issue. I can create Feedback posts forever but nobody really cares about them right? %)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I appreciate that you have already submitted your feedback regarding this issue. People building Windows have access to the feedback received.

Further you may refer to these articles to check if this helps.

Connect to Bluetooth devices: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-connect-to-bluetooth-devices

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-connections-to-bluetooth-audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Keep us informed to help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So, can you help me? Because it looks like you can't. No updates on the issue for 3 months, and it is still there. Maybe you could ask an MS bluetooth developer to read through and comment?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2021 Views 2,351 Applies to: