File explorer not working properly windows 10

i am using windows 10 in my desktop. for last 2 days suddenly file explorer not working properly. after turning on my pc when i open "this pc" , first everything ( drives' names, networks etc) shows up like normal, but after few seconds the address bar on the top of "this pc" window starts to fill up with green color which indicates something loading, but that green bar never gets completely filled up ( it's completely looks like as my pc was trying to load a dvd, pen drive etc though there's no pen drive was connected in any usb port or there's no dvd was in my pc), and if i close "this pc" window then when i reopen again "this pc" , nothing ( drives' names, networks etc) shows up and that green bar starts to fill up and stays like that forever and a message "working on it" stays under the green bar. also all icons of all the files in my computer changes to small white blank page like there's no program is associated to those files though if i double click those files then they does get opened by their corresponding associated programs. also if i open control panel, the window of control panel stays completely blank without any control panel items. and also if i open file explorer from taskbar file explorer icon, the file explorer window also stay completely blank and quick access address bar continues to fill up with green color forever. but in this time, i could explore my folders in varius drives and files within them by just right clicking on file explorer icon on taskbar and clicking folders' names under "frequent" and also under "pinned". BUT THIS ISSUE DONT HAPPENS IN SAFE MODE. During this problem i can do other computer works ( like watching movies, gaming, using internet browsers, etc ) completely normal. so i can access my hard disk without any issue. So there's no issue in my hard disk. now to solve this issue i tried to use system restore but the restore operation failed and also deleted my last restore point ( no more restore points remaining now) and also showed an error message that the failure was caused by a file under my windows app directory. also another strange thing that  WHEN I TURN MY PC ON IN SAFE MODE AT FIRST AN ERROR MESSAGE SHOWS UP IN WINDOWS APP ENVIRONMENT THAT "THIS APP CAN'T RUN IN SAFE MODE". And also those issues dont occur in safe mode, so i think there's any corrupted windows app or any bug in windows app causing this issue. Also i tried sfc/ scannow from both regular mode and safe mode of my pc and both time it shows there's some corrupted system file which cannot be repaired. although when my file explorer had no such issues, sfc/ scannow used to show that same "corrupted system file cannot be repaired" error message .also i uninstalled my antivirus avast but still same issue happening.  ALSO WHEN I AM INSIDE ANY FOLDER AND SELECTED ANY FILE BY 1 LEFT CLICK AND THE RECYCLE AND PERMENENTLY DELETE OPTIONS UNDER "HOME" TAB ARE ALL GRAY COLOR AND CAN'T BE CLICKED AND ALSO MANY OPTIONS UNDER "VIEW" TAB (EXAMPLES- EXTRA LARGE ICONS,SMALL ICONS, LIST ETC ICON CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS, " OPTIONS" ETC OPTIONS ALL ARE OF GRAY COLOR AND CAN'T BE CLICKED ). I am providing some screenshots which will clearly show my issues -.

http://i.imgur.com/mr4XUEu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m201ayQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cwr39sW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/56PAA8q.jpg

please someone help me to solve this issue.

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. 

to disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.
Follow:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Method 2: I also suggest you to perform a SFC scan (System file checker) scan.

How to use the System File Checker tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Keep us posted to help you better.

Thank you
Sachin.V
Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i already told in my post that - " Also i tried sfc/ scannow from both regular mode and safe mode of my pc and both time it shows there's some corrupted system file which cannot be repaired. although when my file explorer had no such issues, sfc/ scannow used to show that same "corrupted system file cannot be repaired" error message ".

ALSO I USED System Configuration TO HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES AND THEN DISABLED ALL THE OTHER SERVICES AND ALSO DISABLED ALL STARTUP ITEMS AND RESTARTED MY PC AND THE PROBLEM STILL THERE. "SO IT PROVES THAT MICROSOFT SERVICES ACTUALY CAUSING THE PROBLEM".  also after this when i tried normal startup by selecting normal start up and enabling all services and start up items, then whenever i restart my pc goes to automatically safe mode even i disable safe mood each time from boot option. only when in general tab of system configuration, i select "selective startup" with "load system services" and 'load start up items" checked and the "use original boot configuration" could not be checked cause it was gray, after that i restarted my pc and it starts in normal mode without going safe mood automatically. also when my pc turns on in safe mode the problem doesn't happen and immediately after starting my pc in safe mode a error message is shown - "GET STARTED APP CANT RUN IN SAFE MOOD". so i think THIS PROBLEM IS ANYHOW RELATED TO THAT GET STARTED APP. Also this problem causing me so much wasting time, so i think i am not wrong if i hope for little sooner reply from any microsoft engineer (though it seems they dont care much cause i have to sometimes wait for reply like 2 or more weeks). please someone help me to solve this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2020 Views 2,883 Applies to: