Windows Store app keeps loading

Original Title: Windows Store Issues

Hello,

I have an issue with Windows Store where it loads to the store when I click on the store app, but when I click on any apps in the store they don't load, rather, the loading dots just go in a circle for an endless amount of time. I discovered this issue when I went on to skype when I turned on my laptop. While on Skype, the far 1/4 of the computer screen was greyed out essentially, and I couldn't see the right part of the conversation I was having with a friend. I dragged the skype app to differen't part of the screen and only when I snapped it to the left side could I see all the conversation, but when it was full screen it didn't work. No this isn't a computer issue, because on my desktop everything worked fine. I went on to google on my desktop and everything was, and is working fine as I type this. I thought maybe it was just an issue with skype, so i uninstalled it, planning to reinstall it. I then went to the start screen to access the store, and realized that the far right 1/4 of the start screen was greyed out as well. I went to the Windows store and while the store loaded, when I clicked on the skype app, it just sat there and doesn't load, so I can't reinstall it. I tried with every other app on the store's opening page, but none of the apps load, so I can't even read about them and install them. I also can't access the My Apps tab or my account tab at the top. I installed updates to my computer, I restarted my computer multiple times and it still stays the same. I have Kaspersky security protection, but I don't think that has anything to do with it, because I've had that for months now and everything ran smoothely, until this morning when I turned on my laptop.  Hope someone can help me, because I use skype to talk to my foreign friends, also this is a brand new computer and Microsoft/windows is so complicated and stressful sometimes. 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for providing all the details on the issue.

To verify if all the files were repaired, let's run DISM and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the methods:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run DISM tool to fix inconsistencies on Windows:

Refer to the section “Use the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to fix corruption errors

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/en-us  

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the run box.
  • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
  • Open the file option on the menu bar.
  • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
  • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.

Check if the Store app still fails to load. If yes, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Refer to the link to create a new user account and check the Store app opens up:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Please let us know the status of this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2022 Views 677 Applies to: