problems installing apps error code : 0x80200056

i had recently upgraded my windows 8 pc to windows 8.1, now i cannot install any new apps or updates from windows store. the apps show ' pending ' message . while updating he games app an error message showed'0x80200056'.I previously had problems with the touch pad gesture control after giving windows update the edge swipes are not working.

Answer
Answer

Hello Himanshu,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry for late response.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

I would suggest you to try using steps provided in this article and check if it helps.
Refer:
How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10 build
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-10-tips-before-installing-the-latest/4fbec413-fed4-4a18-b1de-399a2d1e2a3a

Important notes:
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2020 Views 68,900 Applies to: