cannot uninstall games apps in Windows 8.1

When trying to uninstall the games apps that come preloaded in Windows 8.1, I right click them and then click "uninstall" which seems to work for the other apps I have tried to uninstall.  However, instead of uninstalling the app, I am taken to the Uninstall Program section of Control Panel, and the apps are not listed there.  I previously uninstalled the apps through the Control Panel, but they still appear on my Start screen.  How do I remove them from the Start screen also?

edited by these additional comments:  I attempted to repin the apps to the Start page and then uninstall them from there, but that didn't work either.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Boot the computer in safe mode and try to delete the unwanted games or icons and check the status. Once this is done restart the computer without fail.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I have a similar problem that may be able to help Microsoft help with your problem. I recently installed a game on my PC but cant run it due to compatibility issue so I uninstalled it. hint hint both fallout 3 icons.It is no longer on my computer but the icon for the game is still showing in the start/app menu you get from the down arrow that displays all the things currently on my PC.If I click on the icon I get these options: "Pin to Start", "Pin to Taskbar", "Uninstall", "Open New Window", Run as administrator" and "open file location". When I select "open file location" it takes me here. as you can see they are unspecified but cant remove them even though they are no longer installed. So I believe that what they are asking and I know that I am asking is how do I remove the Icon from that menu.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2021 Views 12,232 Applies to: