Windows 8.1 appeared to install correctly but there is no cursor visible at any stage.

Original title :Windows 8.1 - No cursor or mouse

Windows 8.1 appeared to install correctly but there is no cursor visible at any stage. The Start screen ads insult to injury - it has a large panel in top right hand corner advising  to point to the top right corner to initiate a screen capture . But with no cursor and no mouse this is impossible to do.

ASUS Z87 extreme with logitech keyboard and mouse with a unifying receiver.

Worked perfectly until the moment Win 8.1 started up - looks as though I will have to boot back to an old copy of Win 8 or maybe I will go all the way and re-install win 7.

It's moments list these that make think the Mac route might have been a better choice for the last system upgrade,.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

This issue might occur if the mouse is not detected through the receiver or if the drivers for the device are not updated.

Step 1:

I would suggest you to test the issue using a different USB (Universal Serial Bus) mouse and see if the computer detects it.

Step 2:

If the USB mouse is detected, you may refer to the link and install the latest Unifying Software:

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/support/unifying?section=downloads&bit=32&osid=23&file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.logitech.com%2Fpub%2Fcontroldevices%2Funifying%2Funifying210.exe

To install the software in compatibility mode, follow these steps:

a. Right click on setup file.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Click on Compatibility tab.

d. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.

e. Select Windows 8.

f. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Rohit S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2020 Views 4,996 Applies to: