Trying to install new clean window 8 and getting error while installation: windows could not set the offline locale information. error code : 0x80000001 how can i solve it ?

I had windows 8.1 pro already but decided to make new clean installation.

I downloaded the iso from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

I clicked on Creating media downloaded the iso file to my hard disk and burned it to a dvd.

Then in my pc booted from the dvd in the windows setup i deleted the C: partition and created it again so i don't have any windows to restore back my mistake.

Then i continued entered my windows serial number then it collected files...On the third step it throw this error:

windows could not set the offline locale information. error code : 0x80000001

I don't have a clue what is the proeblem.

I googled some say hard disk failure some say language setup is wrong so i tried to selected uk for time...and keyboard then uk and hebrew since im in Israel.

Then i tried us . In all cases it didn't help same error.

Any ideas what is the problem ? And how to solve it ? 

I'm now on my laptop i can download and burn the windows again but how do i know if the problem will not come again ?

Answer
Answer

Ratandeep thank you for the help.

What I did was downloading more and more the windows iso file to my hard disk.

Burned it on dvd tried few dvd's tried to install windows on my machine tried on another machine in both I got this error when it's getting to install features.

In the end I decided to try to use the usb disk on key.

I created usb disk on key bootable and downloaded the files for it.

And I installed now windows from the usb device it's working perfect.

So I can't tell if the problem is in my side or your side the iso file I downloaded.

I used memtest and I don't have any memory problems.

I tried my dvd and I could install with it games and other softwares.

My hard disk is working fine.

Maybe you should check it at your side.

Thank you very much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving the issue.

Please refer to suggestions marked as answer by Niki Han, Moderator on July 15, 2013 and check if it helps.
Windows 8 Pro installation error 0x80000001
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/36dc2780-db85-4560-b5dd-f999c4aa11eb/windows-8-pro-installation-error-0x80000001

Also see:
How to perform a clean installation of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/clean-install

Important notes:
I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of operating system repair, upgrade or reinstallation.

Using third party software and links, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of third party software and links can be solved. Using third party software and links is at your own risk.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 8,254 Applies to: